PDA

View Full Version : In case you haven't seen it...

albert_dao
08-17-2006, 07:13 AM
http://www.korallenriff.de/29interzoo/

Man, we are soooo missing out...

Skimmer Juice
08-17-2006, 07:32 AM
that is not in english

vanreefer
08-17-2006, 07:41 AM
Das is wunderbar ya!!

Veng68
08-17-2006, 08:31 AM
http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/tr

Works great :)

Too bad I think you have to be in the business to go to that convention.

Albert...... can I get a Golds Business Card with my name on it ;)

or pretend to be Albert Dao ;)

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]

albert_dao
08-17-2006, 04:05 PM
You don't need English, just look at the pics. Most of that stuff is pretty self explanatory.

Thanks Vic.

Tarolisol
08-17-2006, 04:12 PM
You don't need English, just look at the pics. Most of that stuff is pretty self explanatory.

Thanks Vic.

Yeah it looks like a huge convention/show for aquaria related stuff. If only north america would do somthing like that.

albert_dao
08-17-2006, 04:19 PM
MACNA is similar, but of course, our selection of brands seems rather amateur compared to the Euro stuff.

anglfish
08-17-2006, 04:31 PM
Wow. This seems to be the the world's largest convention for pet supplies .

If anyone needs a translation of a specific part of the page lemme know.

andrewsk
08-17-2006, 04:42 PM
Wow that would be SO cool to go to.

On a side note, it looks like Tunze stole my idea for a Mangrove coming out of the top of the tank from th e live rock. :)

Who knew they were members of this forum :)

RobbAdams
08-17-2006, 04:45 PM
www.riffkeramik.de

Coolest backgrounds I have ever seen

Robb

Willow
08-17-2006, 04:53 PM
www.riffkeramik.de

Coolest backgrounds I have ever seen

Robb

link no worky

andrewsk
08-17-2006, 04:56 PM
Seriously. Where would we be without the germans!

andrewsk
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
Not to be a post madman, but who knew there were SO many Brands of Salt we have never even heard of!

RobbAdams
08-17-2006, 05:01 PM
http://www.riffkeramik.de/tl_2_12.jpg

Backgrounds as mentined earlier " schawing!!!"

albert_dao
08-17-2006, 05:03 PM
But just so you guys know, there's a decent amount of this stuff that's going to be available by the end of the year. Jason at Proline is busting his ass working to make it happen. For anyone interested, it would be worth PM'ing him to see who carries his stuff locally.

andrewsk
08-17-2006, 05:08 PM
That is absolutly amazing. I would buy that RIGHT NOW.

http://www.riffkeramik.de/tl_2_12.jpg

Backgrounds as mentined earlier " schawing!!!"

Willow
08-17-2006, 05:26 PM
That is absolutly amazing. I would buy that RIGHT NOW.

would you? the price will be almost twice the price of live rock!

G1GY
08-17-2006, 05:27 PM
that is not in english

It's in German! Works well for me! :)

andrewsk
08-17-2006, 05:33 PM
I sure would. Not to beat a dead horse but since I am so anti-wall of rock, some of thos structures would save me days of work.

I am currently putting together a rock structure with a huge shelf and branching structures from Tonga Live Rock with Ties, Rods and aquascaping Putty.

It has so far taken me a week and I think at least 1 more to complete it. I guess the question for me is, how much is my time worth.

would you? the price will be almost twice the price of live rock!

RobbAdams
08-17-2006, 05:44 PM
it's not really that expensive, according to what i can make out in their catalogue, a 2x2 foot square piece is 110 euros, or 168 bucks. thats less than 20 pounds of indonesian LR at $8/lb with GST.

Robb

anglfish
08-17-2006, 05:50 PM
Check these out too:

(sorry had to make space for some new pic) coral frag holder (just attach frag to whole in the middle with ceramic glue)

(sorry had to make space for some new pic) clams holder

by the way, those background plates are actually quiet reasonably priced. Approx 350 Euro to cover up a 100 Gallon tank. That's like $500. You would have to spend the same (if not more) for live rock. (or wouldn't you?) of course the shipment charges would just kill you :sad:

Frag holder = 40 Euro

Ang

Pescador
08-17-2006, 06:01 PM
These are the ones I was looking at last year, kind of the same idea.
http://www.3d-aquarium-backgrounds.co.uk/3d-backgrounds/reef-rock-wall-craggy/prod_11.html

In Taiwan they had some plain black molded foam reef backgrounds that were cheap and looked awesome once they were covered in coraline. I was already over limit on my luggage. I should ask the Brother-in-law if he could track them down.

support@proline
08-17-2006, 10:43 PM
We do distribute reefceramics in canada ,all pieces in stock & you can get them from our dealers,in case of Alberta Golds would be the best place to go with for reef ceramic ,Albert knows about those pieces & he can bring them in if you wish.
The other benefit of using Reef ceramics over live rock is minimal cycling ,with almost no algae cycles ,there is no nutrient build up & no pests of any kind,they are real ceramic made out of calcium based material & porous.
The shapes are amazing ,my favorites are the back wall plates.

Quagmire
08-17-2006, 11:14 PM
So if you went ceramic,you would still have to find a pod population somewhere.Or maybe still have some live rock.

support@proline
08-17-2006, 11:21 PM
All you will need for pods ,is the rocks that your corals are attached to or a piece of macro algae in fuge .
You can also purchase various different live pods or other organisms from LFS in a bottle.
You can also throw a couple small pieces of LR in tank for that reason.
IMHO the best thing about Reefceramics ,is ZERO NUTRIENT BUILD UP & THEREFORE NO ALGAE CYCLES.

albert_dao
08-17-2006, 11:25 PM
If you exported a bunch of Chaeto from another refugium, you'd be in good shape.

On that note, sometimes I see people putting more work into getting a pod population going than they do into making a tank that they're proud to look at. Personally, I think the role of microcrustaceans is largely overrated. Unless you're trying to keep a Mandarin or similar fish alive, your time is better spent watching paint dry. Just my opinion of the whole pod thing though. :P

Quagmire
08-17-2006, 11:31 PM
My Hawk likes pods,but ya I have lots in my sump.

midgetwaiter
08-17-2006, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the link Albert, cool stuff! The Aqua Medic nano looks interesting, Giesman always slick stuff too of course.

The Arche Noah lights jumped out at me, very nice form factor. Most impressive has to be the new Sieo stuff though, led mini lights, a new hob skimmer and that Polario pump all look pretty interesting.

anyone lese notice this clam pic?

http://www.korallenriff.de/29interzoo/lage_6.jpg

AndyL
08-18-2006, 04:59 AM
Personally, I'm drooling over those hydor recirc needlewheel skimmers... Too bad we dont have a dealer anymore... Ah well, thank god for ebay.

And for those who can't read german - google toolbar - right click "translate page to english" ;)

StirCrazy
08-18-2006, 12:22 PM
the best thing about Reefceramics ,is ZERO NUTRIENT BUILD UP & THEREFORE NO ALGAE CYCLES.

I am not sure I quite understand this as it doesn't make sense. I can see that there will be a reduced algae cycle as it come practically new with nothing to contribute to the algae cycle, but are you saying that if I have the ceramic rock in my tank for 3 years there won't be any nutrient build up at all? If so the only reason I can see that happening is if bacteria or anything else won't populate it. Seeing that it is porous then I would expect bacteria to develop with in it and turn it into a type of live rock.

I guess just the way it is worded is funny to me as of course it will have a nutrient build up over time but it doesn't come with one.

Steve

support@proline
08-18-2006, 05:35 PM
Sorry if my choice of words were not too clear ,what I meant is that ,does not matter where you will buy LR it will have some dead matter on or in it that needs to be cycled off simply because of handling & transportation ,however even if you get fresh LR right out of the ocean it will still have some nutrient buildup inside it ,because it houses bacteria that cycles nutrient & has loaded the rock with some nutrients overtime .
Moving rock in the tank will cause a mini cycle even if the rock has been cured ,simply becauase some organizims will die because of being moved to dark side & some have been moved out of cryptic zone .
In case of ceramics there is no live matter on them to die so simply this will not be the case.
If you click on the reefceramic site they have discussed this in detail in german ,online translator will give you an idea what they are talking about.
I appologize for not being clear & I hope this helps ,if you have any more questions ,please let me know
Regards
Proline

support@proline
08-18-2006, 05:38 PM
Last thing Steve
You are right over time it will have nutrient build up same as any Live rock will have in a tank .
Regards

andrewsk
08-18-2006, 05:47 PM
Can we get some pics posted of the rocks so that we know what to order from Albert?

support@proline
08-18-2006, 06:49 PM
Hi Andrewsk
If you look @ the german website we have 90% of those pieces in stock ,what we don't carry much of are pieces over 3' tall.
you can also check this website ,they have many of them posted on their site with pictures .Please keep in mind those prices are USD.
We are in the process of updating our website ,there will be a product page with picture of products we carry & info about them
I hope this helps

support@proline
08-18-2006, 06:51 PM
OPPS ,here is the link:mrgreen:
http://www.captiveoceans.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=CO&Category_Code=BWP

Buccaneer
08-18-2006, 11:27 PM
A rock wall is fairly simple to make ... the one in this picture I made over 5 years ago ... the tank was a 330G reef and was sold with the house ( too big to take with me :wink: ) ... but to make the wall is fairly simple ... what looks like a continuous rock panel was actually 2 foot sections ( 8' tank ) ... it was covered in coraline and crawling with critters in no time just from the live rock already in the tank.

If you want projections like that of the German versions you just need to make the mold to accomodate it

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/Buk_A_neer/541DSCF0121.jpg