PDA

View Full Version : Berlin Turbo setup

Geofrog
08-16-2006, 05:52 PM
I have a Berlin turbo skimmer and I am wondering how to properly set it up. I have it running now and I don't get alot of skimmate as the collection cup has a drain near the bottom. I have tried attaching a 2l bottle to collect what comes out of the drain but it always fills up within minutes. If anyone else is running a Berlin Turbo could you please give advise.

marie
08-16-2006, 09:46 PM
Don't know if you have this or even if it will help but here it is :biggrin:

http://www.redseafish.com/Languages/95/PDF/128.PDF

Other then what it says there, it is just a matter of fiddling with it to get the skimmate you want.

Cazoom
08-17-2006, 04:18 AM
did you get new/used... have you cleaned /dissassembled it?
really the only adjustment is water level which should be 1/2 way up the neck under the collection cup...
as well the airline should be secured but not pinched solid or no air can flow ... do you have lots of air mixing going on in chamber...
if you are filling a 2 l bottle in hours you prob just have level too high...
on my 90 gallon with 9 fish no corals i get a cup every other day...
on my 70 with an eel and 5 fish i get a cup a week...
let me know i have a few here... been patching a few together for a year so i'm learning them quite well...

Palster
08-17-2006, 05:06 AM
really the only adjustment is water level which should be 1/2 way up the neck under the collection cup...

I am trying to figure out what you mean by adjusting the water level so it is 1/2 way up the neck under the collection cup. How do you adjust this? I thought the only adjustment on these skimmers was the air screw.

I have been having a lot of trouble getting my Berlin skimmer to work properly and I recently ordered a new Kent Marine Venturi for it to try and increase the skimmate production.

Cazoom
08-17-2006, 06:22 AM
on a turbo skimmer you have adjustment on pump for flow....
and on canister you have adjustment for airflow....

Palster
08-18-2006, 04:49 AM
on a turbo skimmer you have adjustment on pump for flow....
and on canister you have adjustment for airflow....

Makes sense now. I have the regular Berlin model and not the turbo so I do not have the adjustment on the pump.

Geofrog
08-18-2006, 02:53 PM
I think I have finally got it tweaked. Took a long time though. Trying to get it setup properly was a pain, it was either the collection cup would fill with water and very little foam or too much foam that most of it was overflowing the collection cup and leaving a scum on the sides of my sump and returning back into the tank. Hopefully it is corrected now.