PDA

View Full Version : Is this safe?

GrimReefer
08-15-2006, 05:40 PM
I'm trying to hide some equipment, and I just discovered that my UV sterilizer and my heater will fit inside my Emperor HOB filter. only problem is, there's a strong possibility that the 200 watt heater could come into contact with the plastic of the filter body and the UV sterilizer. any chance this isn't a terrible idea?

Aquattro
08-15-2006, 05:44 PM
any chance this isn't a terrible idea?

prolly not....

reeferaddict
08-15-2006, 06:35 PM
If it melts & kills everything in you tank it's probably a bad idea... :mrgreen:

Seriously though, the water will dissipate any heat way before it becomes an issue...

GrimReefer
08-15-2006, 06:53 PM
If it melts & kills everything in you tank it's probably a bad idea... :mrgreen:

Seriously though, the water will dissipate any heat way before it becomes an issue...
yeah...i grabbed my heater just to see exactly how hot it gets. i don't think it's nearly hot enough to leach anything from the plastic. but i still don't feel completely comfortable with it. i'll deal with the sight of the heater until i get my HOB refugium figured out.

GrimReefer
08-16-2006, 02:16 AM
i thought a bit about this, and i'm thinking of placing the tip of the heater into a small shot glass. this would definitely solve the contact problem. the only problem i can foresee is cooking detritus that's fallen in the glass. anyone else?