PDA

View Full Version : Private Mail Notification

EmilyB
08-21-2002, 03:44 AM
I received a reply to a pm and never got an email notification. My email addy is in my profile?

I also noticed when I was in there, I have pm in bold, which means the people I sent it to never read it, perhaps they were not notified either ?

Troy F
08-21-2002, 12:28 PM
I have experienced this in the past too Em. Not for a while though. I sometimes don't bother reading the PM on the board because the whole message is in the e-mail, so this could explain the unread ones in your folder...or the people never got notification smile.gif .

Delphinus
08-21-2002, 03:10 PM
I am sure you already know this, but just in case ... there is a "Be notified by email when someone sends you a private message?" setting. You have confirmed this is turned on?

It's a long shot, I know, I feel silly for mentioning it.

If that's turned on, maybe somehow the email was lost in the ether (stranger things have happened ;) )

cheers

titus
08-22-2002, 04:40 AM
Hello,

I have had mine turned on since day one but then for a short while earlier some of the PM notifications just never came through. It's working now. I don't know why but I guess just like Tony said, sometimes thing just gets lost in the Ether. Um.......

Titus