PDA

View Full Version : aqua giant

howdy20012002
08-14-2006, 07:19 PM
just thought that I would let everyone know that aqua giant is now selling SW fish.
Pretty good prices too
Ok selection

j-roc
08-15-2006, 01:03 AM
I would be careful buying livestock from there.
It seems they have a hard enough time keeping their freshwater fish right side up.

Just a heads up.

Though i haven't been there for about a month so that might have changed.?

saltaddict
08-20-2006, 10:22 PM
I would be careful buying livestock from there.
It seems they have a hard enough time keeping their freshwater fish right side up.

Just a heads up.

Though i haven't been there for about a month so that might have changed.?

It seems to me that Aquagiant takes good care of their fish. I have bought many healthy freshwater fish from them in the past. They maintain their tanks very well in my opinion (maybe alot better than some larger LFS in the city). That has been my experience and just my own opinion anyway.

The saltwater fish they have now look healthy and the prices are good. They could have more selection but hey.. they just started with saltwater. My buddy just bought a bi-color angel from them. We'll see how he does.

Sammy
08-21-2006, 12:53 AM
I agree, aquagiants fish are looking real good and they are forever doing maintenance on the systems to improve their quality. The prices are reasonable aswell.

Sammy

safety4fire
08-21-2006, 03:44 AM
I agree, there are always improving.

saltaddict
08-21-2006, 05:15 AM
Hey I just figured out they have a websitel Thought i should share.

http://www.aquagiant.com/

demon666
08-21-2006, 05:36 AM
nice price on live base rock

fishspun
08-21-2006, 03:23 PM
Im jumping on the bandwagon and must agree that their livestock seems to be in good health everytime I visit. No signs of trouble on fish that they sell, both for FW and SW.

On another note, it seems to me their prices on equipment is excellent in comparison to many other LFS. I had a problem on one of their pumps before but they took care of it for me and gave me a new one...one happy customer.

b_james
08-21-2006, 06:26 PM
On another note, it seems to me their prices on equipment is excellent in comparison to many other LFS. I had a problem on one of their pumps before but they took care of it for me and gave me a new one...one happy customer.

Just a heads up.. I would check to see if there is a CSA approval on the box. When I was looking at lighting, I couldnt find anything stating it was CSA approved. Afterall it looks like a lot of their equipment is brought in from overseas.

j-roc
08-22-2006, 02:30 AM
Well i'am glad to see that their livestock has improved.
I'll have to go there again soon to check it out for myself.

All their equipment that i have seen is not CSA approved and if there was ever a problem and it started a fire your insurance will not cover the damages, But they must prove that it came from that device.
I have some of their lights and i"am very happy with the quality and especialy with the price, and if you have ever taken apart on of their fixtures you would see it is built fairly well.

b_james
08-22-2006, 09:22 PM
Thats good to hear that the quality looks good, However, Im surprised that they can sell non CSA approved electronic devices here.