PDA

View Full Version : RED Slime remover

Skimmerking
08-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Any one used it before. I will say it works I had a bit in the main tank and lots in the refugium. So I added the whole thing to the display tank ,refugium, and sump totally 235 gal it does 300 gallons they say.

So now I have tried on numerous occasions to get the skimmer going and what a mess its over flows.:twised: I have even ttried with the air restricted and nothing. So Joereefer AKA Lando told me you have to do big water changes and no guess what.

When out and bought a big black trash can to make water and a floatr switch. so this morning i had 35 gal made for the 1 of 3 water cvhanges that i will do over the next week. SO the first one i made the water up and found out that i made it 1.032 instead of 1.025. So now in stead of making the water change of 35 gal i will end up doing 50 gal

man what a day . sorry to bitch just needed to vent...

Delphinus
08-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Hmm, yeah, could have told you to turn off your skimmer if I had known you were about to try. At least a day, maybe two. After that it gets better but yeah I think it's a good idea to run carbon afterwards and do a big water change.

Stuff does work like a charm though. And if you keep your nutrients level low it shouldn't come back (not impossible for it to come back though so watch out for that).

Did you notice it smells like banana? I wonder what it's made of.

Skimmerking
08-13-2006, 06:50 PM
With that Tony the instructions on that box , There isn't any and its been 4 days and still can't skim.