PDA

View Full Version : Question for moderators

Seaquest
03-27-2002, 12:12 PM
Hi

I'm not complaining, but once I mentioned another product line on the reef board and was immediately slammed for advertiseing. Why is it OK for every one to advertise for J&L aquatics?. shouldn't this be done on another thread or is there a double standard here.

Troy F
03-27-2002, 12:17 PM
SH it would be helpful if you could provide a link to the thread in question. Nobody here "advertise" for J&L. They just happen to provide excellent product and service at the best price and people talk about it.

Seaquest
03-27-2002, 12:23 PM
Hi

The thread below wether you think so or not is advertisement regardless if its a quote or not. It directs you to a retailer. I had the same type of statment up once and was slammed for the slight hint of another retailer name.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Direct quote from the J & L Aquatics webpage
""Ampmaster Pumps Coming...
Due to customer requests, we will be listing AmpMaster Pumps by Dolphin Aquarium. These should be in stock within the next three weeks. Contact us for pricing.""
--------------------
-=Bryan=-

DJ88
03-27-2002, 12:28 PM
I think what Troy is asking for is which thread were you slammed for.

DJ88
03-27-2002, 12:40 PM
SH,

I have read through your previous posts and the only thread I can see any questioning was this
Hello Richard,

While I can appreciate your effort in pushing Canadian based companies, keep in mind that this is a commercial free forum.

What is the URL of your store?

--------------------
Titus Cheung
Communication Group
Dept of ECE
University of British Columbia <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is this the thread in question?

I can't find anywhere you were slammed for mentioning a product.

Could you please provide reference to this? preferably the link to the thread.

Seaquest
03-27-2002, 01:40 PM
Hi

Yes! that is the thread, you may think I'm jumping the gun here but the fact is a fact.

Richard

christyf5
03-27-2002, 02:18 PM
Could the problem possibly be that you have a business and were promoting it in the wrong forum? We do have a vendors forum for people that want to promote their own product or something from their business.

Just trying to help

Christy smile.gif

Son Of Skyline
03-27-2002, 03:25 PM
I think the main difference would be that most of the people posting about J&L stuff do not work for J&L Aquatics, and are in no way trying to advertise for their own benefit. When people post up about something at J&L it's because they simply want to share the good info so that everybody can take advantage! That is not advertising.

Regarding the following thread though, maybe it would be best if a mod moved it to the Vendor forum? I'm not a mod, but it seems like it would fit there. Plus the Vendor forum needs some more activity! It seems pretty deserted in there smile.gif

http://www.canreef.com/ubb6/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=000540

titus
03-28-2002, 04:56 AM
Hello,

1) Sometimes moderators and administrators can miss things. The thread about J&L Aquatics was posted on yesterday and there has been no replies. It does belong to the Vendor Announcement forums and have absolutely no business in the General Reef forum.

2) Like previously mentioned, it is one thing for individuals to have no affiliations to praise companies or products for the benefit of others. But it is another thing for the beneficiary to make posting him/herself.