PDA

View Full Version : Finally Cured Ick with Kick-Ick and Rally

Samw
04-12-2002, 05:04 AM
I had a losing battle for 4 months with ick in my tank. I tried Organi-Cure which killed some corals but not the ick. I tried a new Rainbow Lifegard UV sterilizer which didn't do a thing. I tried feeding garlic which didn't help either. I tried adding 2 scarlet cleaners and 2 fire cleaner shrimps and that didn't work either. The ick stayed and got worse to the point where infected fish started to die. Newly introduced fish would get hundreds of white spots within 2-3 days even if they were added over 30 days from the time of the last ick-related fish death.

Well, I bought Kick-Ick and Rally over the weekend and after 3 doses of Kick-Ick and 1 dose of Rally, all of the several hundred ick spots have disappeared from my remaining ick-infected fish (Almost all of the spots disappeared after the first dose actually). During this time, the protein skimmer stayed on. I know its early and I'll continue to dose with Kick-Ick as directed but I'm quite certain that this ick outbreak is gone. No corals or animals have died or were harmed during this medication period. I'm impressed.

Of course, any kind of medication should be used with caution in a reef tank and should be the last resort. It worked for me but might not work for everyone.

My tank has the following corals and inverts which were not harmed at all:

Corals -
yellow leather
moon
montiporas
cabbage
mushroom
xenia
bubble
colt
cat's paw
acropora