PDA

View Full Version : sixline & angel?

shelleyr
08-06-2006, 12:15 PM
I have a 6line in a 25 tall nano with 2 small percs and have had no problems. I just added a very small (1.5") cherub angel and the wrasse is chasing him all over. Is this something they have to work out or is this common? Up to now the wrasse just eats off the rocks and pays no attention to crabs, shrimp or other fish. There is such a size difference I figured he woudn't be a problem. I'll have a 72 gal set up in a few months. Will they get along better in a bigger tank? (Angel is back in QT for now).
thanks

Quagmire
08-06-2006, 01:02 PM
Try putting the 6-line in QT and the Cherub into the tank.This should give your Angel time to adjust to the new tank,and the 6-line should be less hostile when he is returned to the tank.

Chin_Lee
08-06-2006, 02:30 PM
6 lines are notorious for being highly aggressive as they get beyond the 1"+ sizes. Quagmire's advice is good and may resolve the problem. Your new tank with the size increase may also resolve the problem. But I believe both resolutions will be temporary. Your best bet is to trade in your 6 line for a smaller one and introduce both into your big tank at same time. Or to allow your angel into the large tank long enough to grow and get healthy before introducing the 6line. good luck
chin

revgeoff
08-06-2006, 10:55 PM
My 6 line used to go after everything new that went into the tank. I found rearraning the live rock (or tank decor) before puting in the new fish seemed to help. Good luck at catching him without taking the entire tank apart if you do decide to trade him in for a smaller one!

revgeoff
08-06-2006, 10:59 PM
Strangely enough, after my heater broke in two and fried everything in my tank except the 6 line and lawnmower (including every invert and coral in my 120gal) he became so passive that even my anthias can scare him off.
So I guess my suggestion is to either rearrange your tank or electocute your 6 line into a new personality.

Kryten
08-08-2006, 05:34 PM
Haha, electro-shock therapy, that's funny! :lol: