PDA

View Full Version : Well Crap!

Canadbis
08-05-2006, 09:55 PM
I woke up this morning to a colapse of rock, noone hurt or missing, but I ofcourse had to fix it!
Soooooooo...I take everything out and start bebuilding it and wouldn't you know I found a clam about the size of a loonie, and empty. Darn it!!
How come you can never make the tank look as good as it did the first time you set things up? So I fiddle and fiddle and have now decided to leave it as I think I am just making it look worse. I will let it settle and post a pic to see what you all think.
On the bright side I found some shrooms in the back that hadden't attached yet and were hiding out. which leeds to another question...How do you attach a mushroom to rock when there is nothing on the bottom of the shroom to put glue on? Is it ok to put glue directly on the mushroom and then to the rock or is there a better trick?

Farrmanchu
08-06-2006, 02:34 AM
You can glue it, but they don't like it and may detach. I've found using a single stitch with fishing line through the "foot" and then around, or fastened to, the rock works well.

Canadbis
08-06-2006, 03:18 AM
basically sew it on?
I think I will try the glue
is it ok to dry the mushroom on the foot? they make so much slime the glue doesn't stick

EmilyB
08-06-2006, 04:28 AM
Just push it in a hole in the rock and put a pebble on top. Big enough to hold it down. It will eventually attach and come out.

Dale
08-06-2006, 06:44 AM
or try a loose elastic band (too tight and it might divide on you)
________
vaporizer wholesaler (http://vaporizerwholesaler.com)

Cap'n
08-06-2006, 08:18 AM
Put it in a glass with some rubble and wait 'til it attaches, then do what you want with the new base.

Canadbis
08-06-2006, 05:41 PM
OK so I glued them down, and woke up this morning to 1 of them not attached, now I have to find that darn thing and try again. Of course its the one I like the best that doesn't stay

Pescador
08-06-2006, 05:51 PM
plastic toothpick?

Canadbis
08-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I dont like the sound on piercing it tho. piercing myself is different
lmao

Pescador
08-06-2006, 06:16 PM
They are pretty tough, I've done it with Leathers too. Or put them in snail shells.