PDA

View Full Version : Arrrrrrgh...Micro Bubbles

jgoldsney
08-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Wel with the heat forcing me to light the tank at night and the fact that I have a ton of other projects on the go the tank has kind of taken a back seat for a bit....I was sitting looking at it late last night and can't stand the persistant micro bubbles that i cant seem to get rid of.

I think that part of the problem may be the flow I have going through the system. I am running a Mag24 and things move quite quickly through the system. Here is a diagram of my sump any pointers would be nice

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/medium/NewSump_A1.jpg

i have crabs
08-04-2006, 02:05 PM
how big is the tank and sump? mag 24 is kinda big,mabey you could tee off the return and let some of the water run a skimmer or something else so the flow through the sump would drop a bit.

Reefer Rob
08-04-2006, 03:49 PM
How many bulkhead fittings do you hve in your overflow? If you have 2, with one being the return to the tank like in the Oceanic tanks you can convert the return to another outlet from the tank. Put a short standpipe and a ball valve on this line to adjust the flow so water just trickles into your larger durso. No bubbles, and totally silent. Your return from your sump is just plumbed with PVC to a back corner of your tank.

Rob

smellsfishy
08-05-2006, 03:27 AM
have you tried a filter bag (25-100 microns) I used to worry about baffolds now i don't need them at all.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-05-2006, 05:23 AM
With Micron socks, be sure you have two & switch them out every week or two or they can become nitrate-factories.