PDA

View Full Version : What Corals to get?

krisalexander
08-02-2006, 06:46 PM
I want to add some coral to my tank, i have a 38G with 2-96W PC coralife fixture. I want to add some colour right now i have some frogspawn, hammer, red and green mushroms, long tentacle plate coral and some candycane..I want to add some little maybe digita or something looking like that...i also need a centerpiece? Any ideas will be greatly appreciated..anyone have any pics that would be great..thanks...

kris

Skimmer Juice
08-02-2006, 06:57 PM
you could try to find an elegance coral.Or a x-mas tree worms.

krisalexander
08-02-2006, 07:05 PM
The elegance corals are nice....thanks for your input..I am thinking a green or red open brain to spice it up...but the elegance can do as well in my other corner..thanks

kris

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Actually, Elegance corals are notorious for not surviving in captivity. You may luck out & get one that does well, but the statistics are against you. Open brains or a nice red cat's eye would be a much better choice (in terms of easy to care for centerpiece coral).

In the past, Elegance were easy to take care of, but the ones shipped over the last few years haven't been. Search wetwebmedia & other resources & you'll see that this is the general consensus.

Anthony