PDA

View Full Version : A Feather Duster Question

krisalexander
08-02-2006, 07:31 AM
I just recently purchased a nice feather duster..Just wondering how people have them attached in there tanks, and the feather dusters tube is about 10 inches can u shorten it or will it kill it? thanks

kris

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-02-2006, 07:56 AM
Find a nice hole in your LR & stick it in. It will attach itself.

krisalexander
08-02-2006, 07:58 AM
thanks anthony,
ur frags are doing well..i will have to get some pics off to you..I just re-aqauscaped the tank today, looks good, went with more open room and all the rock connecting above the sand bed.more space for the fish to swim.

howdy20012002
08-02-2006, 11:33 AM
I personally wouldn't cut it
you could probably get away with it as long as you didn't touch the worm. However, I wouldn't just to be on the safe side.
If you do decide to make sure that you can feel where the worm is in the tube. As long as you don't get between that and the opening, that you should be ok.
Like I said though, I wouldn't just to be safe.
As fanatic said, Featherdusters will glue themselves pretty quickly actually to whatever it is that they are near. On that note, try to make sure that you want it where u put it. They can become tough to move once in place. You would need to basically need to use a scalpel to cut them slowly away from the rock...slicing away the gluey substance as you went along.
hope this helps
Neal