PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Canreef

sumpfinfishe
08-02-2006, 05:01 AM
Well what can I say, I have been reefing for almost 10 years now and it has really been an amazing hobby for me. I have met many wonderful people, learned more than I can sometimes chew, and best of all I have kept many beautiful corals, inverts and fish.

I would like to thanks to those who helped me through the years with there knowledge and words of wisdom, or the folks who let a stranger in the door to drool over a reef or pickup a bag o'frags, and to those closer reef buddies that I have made, who I hope will understand and will still want to share a shrimp roll or have a brew or two.

I will be setting up my FOWLR in a day or two after the last of my corals are sold. So I hope I can give some input or advice to help those, like I was helped along the way.

So again thanks to all of you at Canreef who helped make my reefing years so truly enjoyable!

A few last pics as of yesterday, cheers Rich

http://members.shaw.ca/sumpfinfishe/images/7316fulltank.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/sumpfinfishe/images/7316leftside.jpg

http://members.shaw.ca/sumpfinfishe/images/7316rightside.jpg

AJ_77
08-02-2006, 05:23 AM
Wish you all the best, Rich. :biggrin:

EmilyB
08-02-2006, 07:57 AM
:mrgreen: You go guy ! Can't wait to visit again.

Ruth
08-02-2006, 01:18 PM
Rich we have never met face to face but I have sure enjoyed your input on this board and really hope you don't stop offering advise to the rest of us newbies still trying to learn. THANKS

SeaHorse_Fanatic
08-02-2006, 05:22 PM
Rich, sorry to see you leave the reefing side of the hobby. You have always offered good advice and showed us that running a reef tank without all the expensive, high powered, high tech stuff was possible.

Anthony

OCDP
08-02-2006, 07:15 PM
I'll ditto what everyone else says. You were a very knowlegable reef guy around here. Good luck and like Ruth said, keep helpin us newbies out . Take care. :smile:

christyf5
08-02-2006, 10:49 PM
Quitter :razz:

muck
08-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Quitter :razz:

bwahahahaha!!! I was just going to post something like that.

:lol:

neptune9824
08-03-2006, 03:28 AM
I wish you all the best as well. Hopefully you find another hobby you enjoy as much as this one.

sumpfinfishe
08-04-2006, 03:15 AM
Thanks guy's :biggrin:

Christy I believe the correct word would be retired :mrgreen:

Delphinus
08-04-2006, 04:58 AM
Retired? :p Don't tell me we all have to pitch in to get you your retirement gift of some plaid pants and a little cap with one of little pom-poms on top so you can go golfing now :)

christyf5
08-04-2006, 03:50 PM
Christy I believe the correct word would be retired :mrgreen:

So now I can call you an old fart quitter then? Sweet! :wink:

sumpfinfishe
08-05-2006, 03:27 AM
Oh yeah I forot about the retirement gift?

I saw a small property just south of Playa Del Carmen last week and it would pretty cheap if everyone pitched in-only half a million pesos and it's only steps from a small local reef lol.

Veng68
08-05-2006, 04:13 AM
Oh yeah I forot about the retirement gift?

I saw a small property just south of Playa Del Carmen last week and it would pretty cheap if everyone pitched in-only half a million pesos and it's only steps from a small local reef lol.
I'll chip in for a picture of it ;)

Cheers,
Vic [veng68]