PDA

View Full Version : Selling: Chaeto Macro Algae - $10 (will ship)

Xtasia
08-01-2006, 07:28 PM
Macro algae for sumps (or even at the back of your tank, it's what I did)

I'll give you a zip lock bag packed full of Chaeto for $10. If you want it shipped you pay all the costs, but I'll do it.

Info on Chaeto:

This is the Macro Algae that is preferred by many for nutrient export. It comes to you in a deep healthy bright green color. Chaetomorpha is a durable macro algae but unlike Caulerpa, it does not produce a number of substances which can create problems for corals in closed systems and does not go sexual by releasing it's reproductive products and nutrients back into the water column which would degrade water quality. It does not grow that aggresively like some other Caulerpa by overtaking your tank and it's inhabitants with rapid growth. That's why it's my personal favorite macro algae. Chaetomorpha is more stable and not overly invasive, and easy to harvest. Chaetomorpha is a much better macro algae for nutrient export purposes. It is easily grown in a sump or refugium with inexpensive 24/7 flourescent lighting. It grows fast in a refugium with a 'slow upwards water movement' using a small pump for circulation.