PDA

View Full Version : no more flat worms...

Reef_kid
08-01-2006, 05:48 PM
well i just thoughti would post this because there are lots of problems with flat worms in peoples tanks.
i bought a fairy wrasse about a month ago before i went away to toronto for 3 weeks.. my sister was looking after my tank and kept it alive....

the fish is a madator wrasse/ whip-fin wrasse
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b92/fish_boy1986/IMG_9389.jpg
as you can see in the pic there are flat worms..

i was looking in the tank today and noticed it was very .. clean.. and there is not a single flat worm...

anyhow i know people have troubles with these pests .. this fish is reef safe and very colourful...

cheers
dave

b_james
08-01-2006, 07:57 PM
I am currently battling what looks like the same flat worms you have, syphoning seems to help, but it doesnt take long for them to re-populate. I would like to fnid a natural predator to these annoying worms... thanks for the info.

MoeReefer
08-01-2006, 08:30 PM
careful, i was just reading another post this morning and apperantly those wrasses are natoriouse jumpers. jsut thought id let ya know

christyf5
08-01-2006, 08:56 PM
I've got a tailspot wrasse who hunts constantly. I used to have a flatworm problem but after I'd had the wrasse for about 2 weeks I couldn't find one flatworm in the main tank. I still had a few in the overflow (man I wish he had fit in there :razz:). Eventually I had no flatworms at all and have been flatworm free for almost 3 years now. Not the reason I bought the wrasse, but certainly a nice little side bonus :biggrin: