PDA

View Full Version : Are Anthropods eat all my grape colurpa in my Fuge?

b_james
07-31-2006, 05:43 PM
I have noticed a drastic reduction of grape colurpa in my fuge and suspect the anthropods (or what ever there called) are consuming it. The colurpa doesnt appear to be dying as there is absolutly no signs of white decomposing matter. What is left from what used to be long vines are now fragments floating round. The fragments at the bottom of the fuge are covered with these pods. Although I run the fuge light 24/7, I may still have to go out and purchase some more algae - Unless I dont have enough nutrients i the system to sustain more algae.

Any thoughts?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-31-2006, 06:16 PM
Try using chaeto instead of grape caulerpa.

Kabong
07-31-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm gonna back SF on this. You defintaly dont want bits of grape caulerpa floating around.
If they get into the main display and root you'll be sorry.

Kryten
07-31-2006, 06:46 PM
PM me if you want some chaeto, I'm in the west end of Edmonton too.

b_james
07-31-2006, 08:02 PM
Does this mean the pods are eating my colurpa? Because of the system design, It would be very unlikely for the small fragments to make it to the return pump - baffels and strainers... however the littles balls could probably make through:sad:

bnhreef
07-31-2006, 09:24 PM
The pods are most likely eating it. My pods eat all my macro except for chaeto. Maybe I haven't noticed it on the cheato. I hate the pods for this reason as I have some nice red macro that I don't want them chewing on.

Brad