PDA

View Full Version : Klaes power protein skimmer

Seaquest
02-25-2002, 03:25 AM
German quality, the German made KLaes power protein skimmer is to me the finest crafted skimmer on the market and very much comparable or even a better performer than the etss evelution.

fishnut
03-03-2002, 02:02 AM
Originally posted by Seaquest:
German quality, the German made KLaes power protein skimmer is to me the finest crafted skimmer on the market and very much comparable or even a better performer than the etss evelution.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Which size of Klaes do you have?
I have 2 Klaes Juniors running on 2 different reef tanks - one is working very well, but the other is not, despite having been taken apart and cleaned. When the input is increased, it produces a watery foam, and when I cut down on the input, not enough foam is produced. Do you have any suggestions as to how I could resolve this problem? Thanks.

FishGeek
03-13-2002, 01:50 AM
Try cleaning out the venturi air intake. Shoot some hot water through the air intake at very high pressure. That should take care of your problem. Also place a contol valve on the out port of your skimmer. This way you can control the water level in your skimmer and produce a constistant foam. Also what size pump are you guys running on the skimmer? I use a Mag7.

fishnut
03-16-2002, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by FishOnTheBrain:
Try cleaning out the venturi air intake. Shoot some hot water through the air intake at very high pressure. That should take care of your problem. Also place a contol valve on the out port of your skimmer. This way you can control the water level in your skimmer and produce a constistant foam. Also what size pump are you guys running on the skimmer? I use a Mag7.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have been using a Mag 950, and adjusting the valve to control the rate of flow.

MitchM
03-21-2002, 01:13 AM
Can someone post a pic or a link? I'd like to see it.

Mitch

FishGeek
03-21-2002, 04:02 AM
http://www.mops.on.ca/products/PSAD-ATKJR.htm

Here you will find a pic and discription of the skimmer. There used to be a company in the states affiliated with Klaes but I can't seem to find the web page any more.

Simon

MitchM
03-21-2002, 07:55 AM
Thanks!

Mitch smile.gif

FishGeek
03-21-2002, 01:39 PM
Fishnut, Seahunter

where did you guys get your skimmers from? and how much did you pay for them? I got mine on ebay ($70 can) I'm thinking I would like another one, but I don't want to pay $500 through MOPS

Simon

Anonymous
12-16-2002, 05:29 PM
A company in toronto called Aquatic Dimensions also sells them. the specs are at their website http://www.klaeskimmer.com/
However, on my Junior Klaes skimmer, using a mag 12, I keep getting bubbles going in the outflow and into the tank.
Should I reduce the mag12 or reduce the air intake for the venturi?
Thanks