PDA

View Full Version : Sure Grip 50 Magnetic Power Head Holder by Algae Free

Chaloupa
07-26-2006, 05:19 AM
Just got one of these from J&L's as I have many Maxijet 1200's on tanks that to my utter disgust never stay put and end up blowing corals all over the place.

I bought only 1 (they aren't cheap so if it didn't work I was only stuck with 1) and put it on....it works really well. I can move the powerhead anywhere in the tank...slowly mind you....and I am impressed. The only thing I don't like is once you slide the holder onto the magnet there is no clip or anything to keep the holder on there...so one way you go you have to go really slow so the powerhead doesn't slide off but other than that...I will be investing in MANY more!

I would rate them an 8 out of 10 ... now if they locked the holder on or had a clip to hold it on I would rate it at 10+

EmilyB
07-26-2006, 08:37 AM
I bought these a while back:

http://www.premiumaquatics.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=AF-SG100&Category_Code=Maxijet

I got the first one on upside down and kind of wondered about moving them around. Once I figured that out there is no problem. They are great.

Chin_Lee
07-26-2006, 03:32 PM
i rate them 8 of 10 as well. I love them as they are very discreet and holds my Tunze 6080 in place very well.
PROS:
-small and discreet but strong
-puts the powerheads anywhere you want in the tank

CONS:
- I don't really like the rubber feet that keeps coming off - debating to remove these to make moving around the magnet easier
- the holders cannot go upside down BUT a little bit of silicone (and letting dry before installing) should do the trick for this little problem

G1GY
07-27-2006, 12:43 AM
Hammerhead makes a helluva strong one also. :)

Willow
08-16-2006, 03:41 AM
got a "50" a few weeks ago for my seio 1100 and it works fabby. after a year my eurobrace bracket snapped and the suction cups didnt hold it worth a damn. so far so good, i think i am at around it's weight restriction, if i had a tunze i would probably have got the 100 model.