PDA

View Full Version : Vendor anouncements = used stuff?

G1GY
07-26-2006, 02:28 AM
:lol:

Beverly
07-26-2006, 02:40 AM
Are you giggling again, Gary ;)

G1GY
07-26-2006, 02:43 AM
Are you giggling again, Gary ;)

Like a little girl. :lol:

Delphinus
07-26-2006, 04:15 PM
Hi Gary,

I guess it just goes to show which vendors allow trade-ins. Personally I think it's a good thing. :)

The buy/sell forums themselves are just for regular folks.

Hope this makes sense.. (?)

G1GY
07-27-2006, 04:49 AM
Hi Tony. :)

I thought that forum was "Announcements from sponsoring vendors". I must have missunderstood. (My bad.)

So then......... A commercial vendor can't post in the buy/sell like the regular folk?

Or

I can sell a whole truckload of new aquarium lighting in the buy/sell without being classified as a vendor?

And what I wish to know most of all is: If GM built a car that went the speed of light, tell me why or why not it would be a waste of money to put headlights on it! :wink:

Delphinus
07-27-2006, 05:25 AM
Blue/HID headlights or just regular headlights? :)

So yeah, basically that forum is for sponsoring vendors. Commercial posts in the buy/sells are supposed to be a no-no.

A person who sells a truckload of stuff though ... grey area maybe? I know the Bargain Finder (maybe not a good comparison because they're over-the-top strict in their definitions of "commercial" versus "personal") would consider that a "commercial" endeavour. (I once tried to sell some BTA's over there .. many years ago. I said, "Two BTA clones, $25 each." She (the lady at the Bargain Finder) told me, "$50 qualifies as a commercial ad, you have to pay for this ad." (I forget the price, but it was super expensive too, it was like $50 for the ad .. what's the point in that??).. So I said, "Oh Ok, just one then." "No I can't do that. I know you have two." "But I'm not a commercial ad!" "Then why do you have 2?" "I just changed my mind, I'm only going to sell one!" "No, I can't let you, you still have to pay, because I know you have two." I gave up and haven't tried to sell anything aquaria-related in that stupid newspaper ever since.) .. I think basically for Canreef though, we should just treat it case by case. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck let's call it a duck. But an occasional quack we can let slide. (??)

Ok, maybe I should leave the analogies to someone else. :lol: