PDA

View Full Version : Wavysea Differences

Funky_Fish14
07-25-2006, 04:39 AM
Hello Everyone!

Just curious, this page says that this wavysea will support a penductor.

Here (http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=753)

This one doesnt say that, but im curious if it should as well?

Here (http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=599)

I would like to put a 3/4" or 1" penductor on this, whichever size it will accept. The actual flow from the pump would be, im guessing, around 600gph.

Thanks for the help!

Chris

support@proline
07-25-2006, 05:00 AM
Hello Chris
There are 2 different models of Wavy Sea.
The regular Wavy Sea can handle flow up to 2300 gph
The Wavy Sea plus version can handle up to 3600 gph
Usualy peductors are used with pressure rated pumps ,therefore the manufacturer recomends to only use Wavy Sea plus with penductors ,so the extra stress of higher flow on the unit ,will not damage it.
I hope this answer your questions ..I can see you are in Alberta ,you can contact albert @ golds aquarium if you need any assistance ,they do have them in stock & he is very knowledgable or you can contact us @ proline with any further questions.
Regards ,Proline

Funky_Fish14
07-25-2006, 06:48 PM
Thank-you very much for the reply!

Thus, it seems the idea would be to get a wavysea plus, even though less than half the max flow would be pushing through the unit? Does the addition of a penductor really push back on the unit more? It seems to me that its only pulling more water into the flow pattern after the unit, and not pressing backwards against the unit.

Chris

support@proline
07-25-2006, 07:07 PM
Hi Chris
You are right it is the venturi effect that will create the added flow & in your case you only have 600 gph pushing through ,so you should be fine with the regular version,however as I mentioned before most people use penductors with higher flow pumps to be able to get the maximum effect of penductors,Personaly @ 600 gph I think you should use the smaller penductor to be able to see some difference in the output flow
Also keep in mind that head pressure & pluming elbows & .... ,will change the actual flow you get?
Good luck
Regards Proline support

Funky_Fish14
07-25-2006, 07:34 PM
Im estimating 600gph after all the head pressure is factored in, and I wouldnt be surprised if it hit 1000, but I doubt it. I plan to use this style of penductor:

Penductor (http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=796)

Is this the smaller size which you speak of?

I guess I may do the plus, depending on the prices, or might just forget the penductor.

Thank-you very much!

Chris

support@proline
07-25-2006, 10:07 PM
Hi chris
yes that is the penductor,we do have them also in 3/4" & 1/2" ,they differ from the picture a bit in a way that they have NPT on a locline ,so you can take the npt off & use it on loc-line or leave the npt & just thread it in .
Most of our dealers carry that ,It is very inexpensive almost same price as what you saw on that site if not a tiny bit cheaper,you can ask our dealers.
You can also PM me if you need to find dealers.
Regards Proline support

Funky_Fish14
07-25-2006, 10:08 PM
Thanks! PM sent!

Chris