PDA

View Full Version : 1st Tank

jvision
07-24-2006, 08:41 PM
Well, I just finished building a fishroom - I've been into FW for over 15yrs, and love it! But, now it's time to venture into new territory.

My 1st SW tank will be a 21 gal nano reef. I'll be filling it w. about 35lbs of cured rock (getting it from a friend of mine who's shutting down). I'm going to us an XP3 as the main filter - probably just fill it w. LR rubble. I like the threads on turning a HOB filter into a fuge, so I'll probably do that, too. I have a few old ACs kicking around - will use the biggest one I have, of course.

I have a plethora of powerheads... probably use a few of them for additional flow.

Lighting will start w. 5 65W T5s. Since the goal is to make this a reef, I'm hoping that'll be enough light. Otherwise I'm going to have to do some DIY to the canopy so I can hang a MH over it.

I'll let it cycle for a while, fishless. Then I'll start adding livestock. In what order should I add stuff: fish, inverts, corals?
I dont' want many fish at all - just a pair of percs and mabye a goby or two.

So, that's my plan. I know you guys will offer some great advice. I'm looking forward to this all!!

Delphinus
07-24-2006, 09:17 PM
Welcome to Canreef! :)

Murminator
07-26-2006, 04:19 PM
Bout time Jason:razz: if you need something for it I got some xenia you can have :mrgreen: