PDA

View Full Version : Question about NASO's

cav~firez22
07-23-2006, 07:35 PM
I just got a blonde Naso Tang 2 days ago, and my yellow tang has not been very .... hospitable to him. Does anyone know of anything i coud do to stop her from smakin him with her scalpel? The naso is bigger than the yellow, and wont really fight back.. Will this go on and on, or should i pull one from the tank.

I also have a NANo tank set up, its 20 gallons, and has a annenomie, and a black & white Perc clown. if i were to move the yellow tang out into the nano tank for a few days, would that help?

any ideas would be great, as these are 2 beautiful fish.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-23-2006, 11:10 PM
(if this is a true post & not a thread started to cause "heated" discussions) Beware of the Tang police.

Just in case the local fish store didn't tell you, 2 tangs, especially if one is a Naso (which can reach almost 2 feet long as an adult) should never be put into a 20g. They are too territorial to tolerate another tang in such a small space. They will also outgrow that tank within a day or two :?

Anthony

cav~firez22
07-23-2006, 11:15 PM
Sorry, i wasnt specific . the tangs are in a 80 gallon tank. i also have a 20 gallon nano tank that im prparing for seahorse.

Psyire
07-23-2006, 11:26 PM
You'll have to remove the Naso sooner or later, or it will die. It's your choice really, but these are some of the bigger tangs available. The minimum tank size for an adult species would be twice the size of your tank.

This is why they are fighting, they are not willing to share a small space.

mark
07-24-2006, 12:00 AM
Try a major rearranging of the rockware inside the tank. It might get the Yellow's focus for a bit (long enough to start getting use to the other).

krisalexander
07-24-2006, 12:30 AM
You could try to build an egg-crate quarintine box and then float it in the tank, let them get used to smelling and seeing eachother..that may help to ease the tension just make the box big enough...

Johnny Reefer
07-24-2006, 01:08 AM
Yikes!....a Tang thread.
Not sure if I should go here.
Um, just wondering if it's possible that you can return the Naso and get your $ back. (Or at least a credit).

Cheers:smile:,