PDA

View Full Version : Help with Neptune Controller ASAP

Jaws
07-21-2006, 03:25 PM
So I'm going out of town this weekend which also is supposed to be one of the hottest couple days this summer. I've got an Aquacontroller III to monitor the tank and turn the lights on and off but can anyone give me any help on how to set the controller so it turns the lights off if it gets too hot? Can you just alter one of the preset programs or do you have to add an new program? Any help with this would be really appreciated. Thanks.

Aquattro
07-21-2006, 04:07 PM
If you can't figure it out and you don't think the chiller will do the job, just leave the lights off for the week-end.....

OCDP
07-21-2006, 04:12 PM
If you can't figure it out and you don't think the chiller will do the job, just leave the lights off for the week-end.....

Yup, also.. not to take people away from Canreef.. but if you don't get many replies here just ask over at RC.. if you need some quick(er) answers... just a thought.

Scott

Jack
07-21-2006, 05:19 PM
LT2 is an example for your halide code:

Add state: "If temp > 84.0 Then LT2 Off"

This code lets your halides stay off for x amount of time before they re fire I chose sixty minutes:

Add state: "Max Change 060 Then LT2 Off"

Jaws
07-21-2006, 05:23 PM
Thanks Jack. Do you know what happens if the temperature hasn't come down enough after 60 minutes?

Jack
07-21-2006, 05:24 PM
The halides won't fire.

Jaws
07-21-2006, 05:27 PM
So if I set it to kill the halides if the temperature reaches 82 then after the 60 minutes if the temperature is 81 or less then the halides will turn back on?

Jack
07-21-2006, 05:36 PM
ya you got it. im not sure what your temp settings are and your variances but thats the general idea.

try it out if you want with a glass of warm tap water with your temp probe. set the max time to 10 minutes or something so you aren't waiting to long. make sure it all works for ya