PDA

View Full Version : HEAT ALERT : get ready to CHILL

Chin_Lee
07-17-2006, 06:49 AM
Lower mainland reefers - get ready to chill your tanks down with whatever you can this coming weekend. The Weather Network is calling for high of 37 degress celcius for Sunday July 23 and low of 23 degrees.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-17-2006, 07:43 AM
Holy cr@p Batman. That's gonna be a scorcher. Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll keep my MH lights off Sunday.

StirCrazy
07-17-2006, 12:29 PM
yup good thing I have a 10,000 BTU AC in the bedroom now, best Fathers day present I have gotten ever:mrgreen:

Steve

Sushiman
07-17-2006, 05:30 PM
Yup, thats only thing that's kept my babies from gettin' poached.

Beverly
07-17-2006, 05:35 PM
Always good to have Plan A in place in case of the heat :)

But, honestly, weather forecasters cannot reliably predict the weather a week in advance. Three days in advance forecasting is much more likely to be accurate, within a few degress, but definitely not a week in advance.

Our Plan A is AC and it's ready to go :biggrin:

reeferaddict
07-17-2006, 05:59 PM
I think I'm ready now... whew what a difference since I ducted the hood outside... now my tank/chiller aren't having a tug o' war with the AC and it actually gets cool in here... oh ya... I can see through the windows too now... and to think it cost all of $30 and I put it off for a year... *note to self* :redface:

Jaws
07-17-2006, 07:02 PM
I've got an 11000 BTU AC and a 1/4hp chiller and my little condo is still cooking all the time which makes it harder for the tank to stay cool. Granted I have a lot of equipment giving off a lot of heat but I expected it to be a little better than that. I'm going away this weekend too. Better set the lights to stay off when it's going to be really hot. I hope everyone gets through it without incident. Good luck.

sumpfinfishe
07-19-2006, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the "heads up" Chin, I saw the weather today on the news and it didn't even register upstairs :redface:

I too will make some lighting adjustments and will crank up the fan over the sump :biggrin:

Midknight
07-19-2006, 05:17 AM
This is great, the one weekend I am going out of town until Sunday. My main tank should be Ok but I am worried about the nano. Would it be detrimental to the tank to leave the light off for a couple of days? Or should I hook up a much smaller light just so they have something?

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-19-2006, 05:58 AM
Midknight. Perhaps change your timers so the lights go on at night this weekend.

Midknight
07-19-2006, 06:16 AM
Midknight. Perhaps change your timers so the lights go on at night this weekend.

Thanks Anthony, great idea.