PDA

View Full Version : Ice Favia

cag
07-17-2006, 03:20 AM
Hi all, I ordered an Ice Favia from Frag Factory. I have been trying to find info on them, with little luck. Does anyone know if it likes hi light, low light, hi current, or low etc. I figured it looked similar in structure to trumpet coral, so figured it would need similare, but now that it is here, I see it is not much like the trumpet coral at all, anyway, anybody have any experience? I hope to give it a good start.

Quagmire
07-17-2006, 03:29 AM
Hi all, I ordered an Ice Favia from Frag Factory. I have been trying to find info on them, with little luck. Does anyone know if it likes hi light, low light, hi current, or low etc. I figured it looked similar in structure to trumpet coral, so figured it would need similare, but now that it is here, I see it is not much like the trumpet coral at all, anyway, anybody have any experience? I hope to give it a good start.

good flow and medium light,maybe start out lower light and move up.With Favias the more green,the higher UV it can handle.Not much green on an Ice Favia,looks awesome under actinics

OCDP
07-17-2006, 03:32 AM
Favia's are pretty easy to care for. I'd say it would be ok in a variety of conditions. If it were me, I'd place it in moderate light... a little higher light to keep the nice colouration. I'd also put it in a moderate flow area.

They aren't too picky.. IME.

Quagmire
07-17-2006, 03:58 AM
Forgot to add,they can pack a punch so they need room.

OCDP
07-17-2006, 04:14 AM
Forgot to add,they can pack a punch so they need room.

Right.. they have really long sweeper tentacles. It stung some of my yuma .. be sure to give it some room.

cag
07-17-2006, 04:36 AM
Thanks that helps, I put it on its own on the bottom for now, I will let it settle there for a while. It gets full light, and has good flow and room to "sweep" as much as it wants.

AndyL
07-17-2006, 05:56 AM
one thing to watch with favia - some are higher light some are lower light... Watch for the perimiter tissue, if it starts to dissapear move it.

And feed them mysis at night a couple times a week.

Andy