PDA

View Full Version : Poor little Trochus...

kwirky
07-15-2006, 05:59 AM
Brought home a few trochus snails today. Went through the trouble of drip-acclimating them, very carefully took them out of the bucket, and gently setting them on the rockwork. But the last one, I accidentally lost my grip on him, and dropped him. I watched in horror as he fell through the water, and landed in a cage-cave in my indo rock. :redface:

now he's stuck in there, no way to get him out, and I feel bad. :cry: I'm not removing all the rockwork to get him out, as I don't want red-ball sponges dieing again messing up my nano's water again. Hopefully he'll have enough to eat in there for the rest of his life lol.

muck
07-15-2006, 06:26 AM
Im not sure I follow? Why can't he get out of the cave? :confused:

kwirky
07-15-2006, 07:02 PM
It's more like a hollow rock with various holes in it that are too small for the snail to get out of. He just BARELY fit in the hole on the top of the rock. I tried getting him out using two clean pop straws, but I can't get the angle right to get him back out of the hole.

the liverock I got, if you look carefully, there's lots of empty shells within these hollow portions of the rock, from other snails getting in and not being able to get out, I'm guessing. (back when it was in the ocean)