PDA

View Full Version : crash

fishguyxd
07-13-2006, 09:16 PM
Well I had one not the tank itself but the corals I have or had the only thing alive yet was a tiny bunch of zoo's. I came home after our vacation and there were skeletons all over.

well back to step one $#*t

muck
07-13-2006, 09:22 PM
Sorry to hear Al.
Any idea what happened?

fortheloveofcrabs
07-13-2006, 09:22 PM
I'm reall sorry about your loss. I think many of us have had this hapen to us this time of year... I lost a 7 polyp frong spawn thanks to heat and a defective chiller...

Joe Reefer
07-13-2006, 09:41 PM
How long were you gone for?

danny zubot
07-13-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm a bit concerned about my vacation next month because of this type of thing.

Joe Reefer
07-14-2006, 01:13 AM
Me too....:neutral:
I leave on sunday for a week.

fishguyxd
07-14-2006, 01:30 AM
Well I was out of town for 11 days ,but had someone feeding and the lights were all on timers ,I think it was cyno that did me in I had had a kh problem before I left but thought I had it under control,but guess not. I hear the temps were a real scorcher here 30+ so the house would have been toasty ,the good thing is my fish are ok.

Beverly
07-14-2006, 02:26 AM
Sorry to hear it Al :cry: Yeah, it was very hot here for a few days last week. Glad to hear your fish made it, though :)

Geez, good thing we take our vacations at home and have AC in our living/dining/tank room during the hot spells.

OCDP
07-14-2006, 03:39 AM
Yikes.. sorry to hear that.

I'm off for vacation next week, I have the lights on timers and have someone to come feed the fish and top-off the tank. I'm still very very nervous about the trip . Especially cuz im adding a carpet on monday. But... at least I have someone to watch the tank and inform me if anything goes wrong.. I can give some simple directions for a quick fix (hopefully) ... Still not 100% sure on this trip .. :neutral:

Midknight
07-14-2006, 05:06 AM
Sorry to hear what happened but I think it would be a good idea to have some phone numberof fellow reefers in your area that your friends that are watching your tanks can call... just in case.

fishguyxd
07-16-2006, 03:20 AM
So after I cleared out all the skeletons I have started to get the water back into shape at present my kh is now up to about 105 and calcium is at 400
other parameters are coming too. Any other ideas what I should be doing ??
I still have green algea on overflow and brownish spots on aragonite bed and a couple spots on LR How long would this all take to clear up? or what is my next step?

I not sure what my next steps will be/should be ,I will be holding off before getting back into the coral , I have to get some new pc bulbs (65 watt ones) or get a ballest for a 175 or 250 mh setup I would like to do and new cleaning crew.