PDA

View Full Version : So who got Alan's clams??

Delphinus
08-11-2002, 06:52 PM
I heard a rumour they're already gone .... I don't really want to sift through the last two weeks of messages to find out who got 'em ... (you guys talk too much! ;) )

:confused:

Canadian Man
08-11-2002, 08:00 PM
HEY TONY!
Nice to have you back.
Well I got the pretty purple one and Bob got the other i think!

AJ_77
08-11-2002, 08:06 PM
Hi Tony, hope your vacation was restful, revitalizing, recreational, etc.

This is correct - Bob has laid claim to the 2nd clam.

PS - Are there any more cheap overdriving ballasts around that may be available?? I set up a nano for my 9-yr-old that needs lighting.

Jon, what is your set-up again?

Alan

Canadian Man
08-11-2002, 09:13 PM
Hey Alan, I do have one extra ballast and will have many more when switch my lighting over to halides.

Basically we have 3 OD 18" bulbs wired in series on the nano.
Works great.
One actinic and 2 daylight.

AJ_77
08-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Hey, cool Jon - can I get it from you when we do the MH deal? That would be great. As for your other ballasts, I'm sure I could take a couple when they come up for sale. smile.gif

Where do you get your 18" T8 bulbs for the Nano? And what is the cost on those?

Thanks,

Alan

Delphinus
08-12-2002, 12:57 AM
Oh SURE ... remember when I told you when you got them that I'd take them off your hands if you ever wanted to get rid of them? .... :rolleyes: 'cuz I don't remember that at all. Oh well... :(

I fart in your general direction...

AJ_77
08-12-2002, 01:11 AM
Oh Tony, not stiffed again! tongue.gif

I think Jon's running, what, Seven?? Perhaps we can share. ;) (I only need 2) Unless of course you guys have a prior commitment, but it doesn't sound like anything firm... :D

Cheers,

Alan

[ 11 August 2002, 21:12: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Delphinus
08-12-2002, 02:04 AM
Actually, I was referring to the clams, not the ballasts. Oh well, as it happens, I'm going to need the cash for something else now.. (I steel fart in your general direction ,you eenglish speaking peeg.)

[ 11 August 2002, 22:04: Message edited by: delphinus ]

AJ_77
08-12-2002, 02:12 AM
You wanted the clams... huh! Neither do I remember you saying such a 'ting.

You don't frighten us, English pig-dogs! ---Go and boil your bottoms, sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called Arthur-king, you and all your silly English knnnniggets!

tongue.gif

EmilyB
08-12-2002, 03:07 AM
I KNEW he was referring to the clams....

because that is ON TOPIC... :D tongue.gif ;)

Canadian Man
08-12-2002, 01:04 PM
Tony gets screwed again! ;)
Sorry Tony, I was at Alan's house and It was offered and I couldnt pass it up.
Maybe if my clams have clam babies you can have one :rolleyes:

So to stay on topic Alan see other post about ballasts.

Bob I
08-13-2002, 11:20 PM
I feel no guilt at all for taking the clam. Remember who snivelled and got my Bangai? :D :D

Delphinus
08-14-2002, 12:50 AM
That wasn't sniveling!!!

that was .. that was ... I, um ... uh .

Oh FINE. ... even steven now. like you've never snivelled! (Brittle stars, hmmmmmmmm??????)

(Pllllhhhbbbbbbb!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

[ 13 August 2002, 20:51: Message edited by: delphinus ]

AJ_77
08-14-2002, 01:36 AM
Let the record show that Tony is getting another Very Large Clam here locally, undoubtedly at a Very Good Price.

Hmmm?? Come clean, now. tongue.gif

(Oh, and PS - Jayson sent six free snails with the clam shipment of fame, and says half are for you. There's Star Turbos -neat- and what he called Deep Water Turbos. THey look like large Astreas. So, let me know when you're doing the NewTank and LargeClam pickup run and I'll try to coordinate with you.)

[ 13 August 2002, 21:40: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Delphinus
08-14-2002, 12:53 PM
"Let the record show" ??? :confused: Is this a trial?

Honestly, I was only interested in who got them. For the record, I am glad they have gone to good homes. And I thought I would take the opportunity to poke my tongue out in the general direction of the northwest, that is all ...

cheers

AJ_77
08-14-2002, 01:42 PM
Did I forget to include enough "smilies" in my post to make sure it was clear that I was giving you the gears?? Sorry then, it's just that you've been away Tony, and to make up for l;ost time I have to tease you vigourously (vigourously??).

:D smile.gif ;) tongue.gif

Is that enough?

:rolleyes:

Plus, I'm excited about your new purchases. I shall continue to live vicariously through your reefing career, if I may. Again, ;) and smile.gif .

Cheers,

Alan (I do apologize for being more of a smart-a$$ than usual - trying times of late.) tongue.gif

[ 14 August 2002, 09:44: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Delphinus
08-14-2002, 02:22 PM
Smilies were understood to be implied. I hope likewise as well. I too am feeling a whole new world of self-induced frustration as I am now obsessed with finding an inexpensive solution for CO2 (obviously not possible). So I am probably a little short right now as I am actually pretty mad after my last phone call with Air Liquide (I have no idea what their line of business is, but providing people with solutions for pressurized gas requirement is obviously NOT it.)

Sigh.

Canadian Man
08-14-2002, 02:31 PM
vigourously (vigourously??). <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I believe it's spelt VIGOUROOUGSLSLLIY? correct :D ;)

Delphinus
08-14-2002, 05:18 PM
Right now, I'd be happy with a clam capable of storing CO<sub>2</sub> at the appropriate pressure and with appropriate fittings for a CO<sub>2</sub> regulator. I beleive the species is Tridacna carbondioxideissohardtofindeum.

Bob I
08-14-2002, 08:06 PM
Yes Tony I admit I too used snivelling as a means to an end. One has to do do what one has to do I suppose. :D

Jayson
08-15-2002, 04:03 AM
Does Bob actually have the clam? If Bob has the clam can Bob please contact me. What kind of big clam are you looking for Tony? Did you get the clam pics that I sent you? Thanks

AJ_77
08-15-2002, 04:09 AM
Hi Jayson,

We're arranging the clam transfer this week, maybe even tonight. I'm sure Bob will be quick to finish the deal with you then. Sorry for leaving you hanging until now.

Alan

Bob I
09-19-2002, 12:42 AM
Well the clam is now at Tony's place. He never did anchor himself here, but looked fine otherwise. I am sure Tony will keep us updated. I now have my first stony coral, a nice big chunk of Acropora from Tony. :eek:

AJ_77
09-19-2002, 12:51 AM
I am needing pics from both you guys, Bob of your new (*gasp*) SPS, and Tony whatever you can get, there are lots of things going on over at your place. You still have your single web page (http://members.shaw.ca/reefs/delphinus.htm) and we can certainly add to it. Let me know, busy guy. ;)

Later,

Alan