PDA

View Full Version : Tropic Marine Pro Salt (Bulk Buy)

andrewsk
07-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Hello all,

I am thinking of switching from IO salt to Tropic Marine Pro.

Aquarium Obsessed has it for sale and I was looking at getting 10 or so buckets. If I can get a deal, would anyone else be interested in getting some?

Keith

Ruth
07-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Don't mean to hijack your thread - just offer up some additional information. I use this salt and am very happy with it. You may want to check with Muck as I know that they were thinking about bringing this salt in. I got mine in bulk from Reef Perfection out of Ontario and got a great deal on shipping - although the salt was at regular price it only cost me $50 to ship 8 buckets.

andrewsk
07-10-2006, 10:01 PM
Ruth,

What exactly makes you happy with it over other brands?

Willow
07-10-2006, 10:21 PM
99 bucks a pail.. whew

Ruth
07-10-2006, 11:32 PM
Ummm what makes anyone happy with their salt of choice? I guess that it disolves easily - is consistent from bucket to bucket - levels test out at what I am looking for as far as calcium, alk/hardness, magnesium etc. etc.
I use this salt on just about all of my tanks except for my 190g which I use the new Seachem reef salt. I prefer the TM salt but cannot give you a definitive answer as why - just the overall look of my tanks and inhabitants.

andrewsk
07-11-2006, 03:26 AM
Ummm what makes anyone happy with their salt of choice? I guess that it disolves easily - is consistent from bucket to bucket - levels test out at what I am looking for as far as calcium, alk/hardness, magnesium etc. etc.
I use this salt on just about all of my tanks except for my 190g which I use the new Seachem reef salt. I prefer the TM salt but cannot give you a definitive answer as why - just the overall look of my tanks and inhabitants.

Well that was all I was really looking for. I am just trying to justify the price increase :)

G1GY
07-11-2006, 03:38 AM
99 bucks a pail.. whew

Works out to around $25.00(If you can buy @ $60.00 a pail.) a bucket more when you take into account that it's a 200 gallon bucket. (when compared the others that are 160 gallon buckets.)

I'll wait untill I see more people praising it first. :)

Ruth
07-11-2006, 03:45 AM
I'll wait untill I see more people praising it first. :)

You will probably have to check some other boards as I have never found a retailer for TM salt out west unless Reefwerkz is carrying it now. I know that before I started using it there were some threads on RC and I believe RF that encouraged me to try it.

Willow
07-11-2006, 05:24 AM
j&l told me they we going to stock it at xmas, last time i was in they chickened out when they found out the quantities they would need to stock it to decimate competition. i suspect the TM is sorta like betavision in north america.

G1GY
07-11-2006, 06:47 PM
I just talked with Albert at Gold. He say's he can order it in for those that want it. :)

andrewsk
07-11-2006, 07:01 PM
I just talked to him as well.

This is going to be a much better solution.

Ill post here with the price when I get it from him.

If anyone is interested in this Salt, post here and we can get Albert to order it all in one go.

Pescador
07-11-2006, 08:05 PM
I still have a couple buckets but I'd be interested in a couple more for a decent price.

fredl
07-12-2006, 12:17 AM
i'll take 2 if Albert can get it.

Fred

andrewsk
07-12-2006, 05:16 AM
Talked to Albert today and he is trying to get it in. He may also/or be able to get BIO-SEAŽ Marinemix which he has heard is even better. I am off to do some research first.

Any opinions?