PDA

View Full Version : DI Resins

andrewsk
07-09-2006, 06:33 AM
Just curious how many gallons many of you get out of your RO/DI systems before you need to change the cartridges?

I have read online that you can get approx 400 gallons per DI resin cartridge but I think mine is a fait bit lower than that. It seems to turn from Black to Light brown a lot faster than that.

Thanks!

EmilyB
07-09-2006, 09:07 AM
Check the TDS output after your membrane. Your DI, at this time of year should last a long time, I run mine daily.

sumpfinfishe
07-09-2006, 04:37 PM
Andrew, as Deb suggested already the best way is to check your TDS.

I bought a handheld TDS years ago when I got my RO/DI and it's paid itself off a housand times. For $30 a meter can check your main water line, RO, DI, and waste water lines, heck if your bored you could even buy a few brands of bottled water to see who's got the cleanest H2o not that I have done this of course :mrgreen:

andrewsk
07-09-2006, 05:04 PM
Thanks guys. I do have a TDS and generally wait for the readings to rise before replacing the filters. It is normally about 17-25 ppm. (It used to hover at 0 or 1 when I first got it but not anymore even with all of the filters changed)

I assume that when the DI cartridge has changed color though that it is out or at least close.

Do you guys use cold, hot or mixed water?

sumpfinfishe
07-09-2006, 10:27 PM
You might want to calibrate your TDS, you should be able to get the solution at your LFS and see if that changes anything.

EmilyB
07-09-2006, 11:55 PM
You should only use cold water.