PDA

View Full Version : i have several colt frags available for trade!

spikehs
09-06-2002, 03:37 PM
hey guys,

the colt that i received from jonathan appears to be doing very well. I was doing an inspection today and noticed that i have 3-4 buds that are about to come off of the main peice (actually one already deteached) plus i think its splitting down the main stalk (2 ways). So i have some frags available for trade, if anyone is interested.

Sean

Tau2301
09-07-2002, 10:39 PM
Maybe you could take them to Big Als for a store credit.

Last time I was there
the tanks were somewhat bare.

Bob I
09-09-2002, 06:59 PM
That is interesting. I have a Colt that is about nine x nine inches, it has many branches. It has never shown any inclination to split, or have any buds breaking off. It just keeps growing and growing. At the rate it grows it will soon be really big. I will probably ask for fragging help then, but for now I have plenty of room, so I will let it grow. :D :D

Delphinus
09-09-2002, 07:43 PM
I think there must be a dozen different species of "colt coral." I too had a colt coral once, it never self-fragged, but it certainly did get very large. At one point it basically grew right up to the water surface and would have walked out of the tank if it could have done so. I unfortunately lost this coral due an unfortunate float valve mishap (never put a float valve for topoff on an infinite water supply such as your cold water line.)

BTW, I was at Big Al's today at lunch time (I needed some underwater epoxy) and I noticed they had our "mystery coral" in there (or something that looked very much like it) labelled as "white colt coral."

The one thing the frag you gave me, has in common with my old colt (and sounds like your colt coral) is how amazingly fast it seems to be growing compared to other corals in the tank. Perhaps it is a variety of colt after all.

spikehs
09-09-2002, 09:41 PM
i think one of the reasons why my is budding so fast, is it is in an area of highish flow. I was pretty sure i read somewhere that a higher flow caused them to spread/bud faster....And that seems to be the case with mine.

Bob I
09-10-2002, 05:50 PM
So Tony, what you are now saying there are three types of Colt among us? The Big Al's White Colt, the Jonathan Colt, and the Colt I got at Pisces? Btw all that I have are growing rapidly. Is there a way these things can be identified for sure? Perhaps I can move mine close to the front of the tanks, and take pictures to post on some boards? :confused:

I have found photos on SWC's site, and from them determined that The Colt that originated from Jonathan is Capnella or Tree Coral. My biiig Colt is Cladiella, or Colt Coral. At least as far as I can tell from the tiny pictures. I will steal the pics from the site to see if they will enlarge.
Bob
Bob

[ 13 September 2002, 12:44: Message edited by: Bob Ipema ]