PDA

View Full Version : Coral storage

Snappy
07-08-2006, 06:58 PM
:sad: Between already sick corals and the heat the past few weeks I am afraid if I don't do something drastic my sps will be down the tubes. I am loosing colonies and others are browning out on me. I am wondering if any of the local sps folks might be able to help me out. I would like to frag much of my sps so it stands a greater chance for survival. It looks like I will be setting up my new tank in a month or two(need to build the sump room first) but I have nowhere to put the frags at the moment. I also want to store some other frags I have as well as a few colonies. I guess what I am saying is if anyone has room in a frag growout tank or the likes and would like to get some nice frags for storing some of my stuff I would really appreciate it. When I set up my new tank I will be starting a lot of the LR with new. Before last winter I had no hair algae or bubble algae but I made the mistake last fall of buying the remaining LR and contents from a guy who was getting out of the hobby. His rock had some of each and now I have a big problem. I think this inheirited hair algae has also contributed greatly to the poor health of my tank. Anyway that's my sob story.
Please let me know if interested.
Thanks,

albert_dao
07-10-2006, 05:39 PM
Crap, wish I had a tank to help you out Greg. I'll ask around for you though.

Albert

danny zubot
07-11-2006, 04:56 PM
How many corals are we talking? I might have room for a couple. I'll call you tonight.

Albert, you have plenty of room at the store don't you?

tranvictor
07-11-2006, 05:04 PM
I can help you out, but my system is fairly new, only 1.5 months. 30 gal seahorse tank, drilled, 10 gal refuge, no skimmer, 150 HQi mh (about 4-6 months of life left), 2 sea horses, 1 yellow tang on hold for a friend, only 5 lbs of rock though. I should be back around the weekend, you are welcome to come by and see for yourself.

Vic

andestang
07-11-2006, 05:16 PM
I have some room in my 150g w/400 MH's. Also setting up a frag tank.

Snappy
07-12-2006, 03:51 AM
I can help you out, but my system is fairly new, only 1.5 months. 30 gal seahorse tank, drilled, 10 gal refuge, no skimmer, 150 HQi mh (about 4-6 months of life left), 2 sea horses, 1 yellow tang on hold for a friend, only 5 lbs of rock though. I should be back around the weekend, you are welcome to come by and see for yourself.

Vic
Thank you, I send you a PM. I am away at the moment as well.

Snappy
07-12-2006, 03:52 AM
I have some room in my 150g w/400 MH's. Also setting up a frag tank.
Thanks,
I'll send you a PM