PDA

View Full Version : Reefslave's new master

Reefslave
07-08-2006, 08:40 AM
Just finished plumbing the new system today!!!

I'd like to thank my brother for building the fit n finish stand...
Thanks Bro!! I have installed all of the following and hope to have the matching custom conopy in the next few weeks:

70 Gal, All-Glass Tank with Mega Flow Reef Ready Overflow system, 36x18x25Closed Loop with 1 inch Sea Swirl Rotating Return
24 Gal, Sump
G3 Skimmer
Blue Line 40x, For closed loop
Blue Line 30, for main circulation
ProHeat II, 250W Titanium heater
Custom Canopy with
2 x 250W Hamilton HQI Pendents
2 x 250W, 14k, Hamilton HQI MH lamps
2 x T5/39W, Narva Atinics, driven by Standard Brand E23954T5120-277 Gold Aqua Controller Jr, Direct Connect 8, Ph & Temp Probes
Coralife Aqualight Digital Power Center, 8 outlets

Just need the Calc reactor setup and I'm good to go!!

I'll post more photos as things progress.

Snoop Dog
07-08-2006, 04:40 PM
Looks Hot!!

Love the Stand! Your brother must be a real good guy,

Reefslave
07-09-2006, 07:11 AM
Yeah great guy but I think he maybe making a critical life mistake by getting out of reefing.
Soul searching is in order!!!

bluetang
07-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Your pics have disapeared...
I was able to see them before though. Set up looks good. I did notice alot of extra tubbing coiled up under the tank. What is that about?????

Looks like it is time to stock.....:biggrin:

Reefslave
07-11-2006, 05:36 AM
Hmmm..photos are available on my screen...anyone know any solutions to this??

The extra coiling of hose allows a better connection angle to the fittings, reducing the chance of a kink. I didn't use and right angle joints in an effort to maximize current flow. Seems strange to pay good $$ for an external pump with the correct output flow and reduce it with 90 degree angles.

Time for some live rock once the lighting is up and running.

I'm still researching LED moonlights that can be dimmed or switched to recreate moon phase cycles etc...

Anyone with suggestions?

G1GY
07-12-2006, 04:52 AM

Not showing for me when I veiw with IE, but works with Firefox. :)

Looks good.

muck
07-12-2006, 05:02 AM
Photos work fine for me in IE. :wink:

yakiwb2
07-22-2006, 12:56 AM
Looking good reefslave. Hope some live rock comes in soon to see the rest in action. Too bad about your brother getting out of the reef hobby...must be going through some difficult times in life....

Reefslave
07-22-2006, 07:18 AM
:lol: Thanks and I found a bit o rock.
Now I have to make it look good while curing

reeferaddict
07-22-2006, 08:46 AM

The extra coiling of hose allows a better connection angle to the fittings, reducing the chance of a kink. I didn't use and right angle joints in an effort to maximize current flow. Seems strange to pay good $$ for an external pump with the correct output flow and reduce it with 90 degree angles.

Time for some live rock once the lighting is up and running.

I'm still researching LED moonlights that can be dimmed or switched to recreate moon phase cycles etc...

Anyone with suggestions?

I don't have dimmable LED's, but my Solar 1000 Lighting controller runs a couple of 40W blue bulbs over my tank to the phases of the moon... uncanny really because the phase & brightness all match what is ACTUALLY happening with the moon in the night or day sky... believe me, after seeing this for the 2nd lunar cycle, I can tell you it makes your animals behave differently than just dark or static moonlights, especially at a full moon.