PDA

View Full Version : sould i move my livestock

Manny
06-30-2006, 01:36 AM
I have had my new tank set up for one week now (since June 20th). It is a 65gal tank with a 30gal sump with about 15gal of water in it. It has new RODI water and new live sand. There is about 5lb of cured live rock rubble in the sump and 28lbs of cured live rock in the main tank. I took some readings on the 28th and this is what I got.

nitrite- 0.0
amonia-0.0
sg- 1.026
calcium- 350ppm
alk- 4/5dkh
ph- 8.2

The only filtration that I have right now is a phosban reactor and the live rock.
My question is that I have a good opprotunity to move all my livestock from Victoria on the 4th or 5th of July and I was wondering if my new tank will be ready for the livestock by then.

TheReefGeek
06-30-2006, 02:52 AM
Did the tank go through a cycle? If you tracked a cycle and it is done, you could add corals, I would try to keep a lot of the water the corals are currently in, bringing "mature" water will help.

Also it depends on teh bioload, you dont have very much rock, so it would have to be lightly stocked.

Manny
06-30-2006, 05:22 AM
I have a bunch of live rock rock that I will be bringing with me from my existing tank. I am planning on brining as much water as I can from my mature tank with me. I think I am going to go for it and hope for the best. My tank here has seems to be doing good and I will monitor it closely for the next few days.