PDA

View Full Version : I'm new!

Marko
06-29-2006, 01:08 AM
Hello everyone!

New to here and would like to say hi, i'm a beginner but starting to get things going. heres a pic of the tank and Some babies:biggrin:

Currently Running a month old 120gal tank:smile: and 2 250W Mh's 1 is 10k other 14k, also with a quiet6000 and a 33gal DIY Sump

I Hope to learn lots and maybe be able to give some of my knowledge and experience to others as well and just chit chat :wink:

krisalexander
06-29-2006, 01:15 AM
Welcome,
How many bangaii cardinals do u have?? Where did u get them i am looking to put one in my tank?

Marko
06-29-2006, 01:17 AM
well i've got a pair in the main tank, babies i have 20 there....Won't be ready for a while tho. I live in vernon, So just bought them on a petstore shipment

krisalexander
06-29-2006, 01:19 AM
nice, they are sweet looking fish, once i get my tank back up and running that is a fish that is on the agenda to pick up...
there are a lot of ppl on here that know a lot shoot some questions and they will be answered, it has helped me tons

good luck keep updating the pics..

TheReefGeek
06-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Looks like you need some more rock in your display tank, most people aim for 1-1.5 lbs per gallon.

Joe Reefer
06-29-2006, 03:24 PM
Welcome to Canreef, Your tank looks good.

As long as your bioload load is small, min. amounts of rock are acceptable.

TheReefGeek
06-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Very true. If you do add more rock in the future, don't add to much uncured at one time, or you might get an nitrogen cycle spike from the die off. I would fully cure it first, or add dry.

KLUW
06-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Welcome to the club.

I'm Love'n all of those cardinals...your tank looks great! Can't wait to see it in 6 months!

Kluw

TheReefGeek
06-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Looks like you have some corals already, or is that just life that came on the rock?

Marko
06-30-2006, 07:58 PM
Ya i have a few polyps that i bought the greens on the right side and the little brownish ones on the center...I actually have 2 bubble tips now cuz the 1 i had divided itself! which was cool. Everything else accept 1 piece of umbrella leather is just what grew on the rocks...Also have this weird crab thats got these funny filter fans as hands along with a set of claws that filters at night.:) and more LR will be added...Slowly lol..But i was wondering... What do ppl do when adding rock as to not cover there corals/ Life on the outter rocks??? Do u lift the uppers and position the new stuff further below?

OCDP
06-30-2006, 08:01 PM
If your corals are attatched and are spreading on existing rocks, it can sometimes be a bit tricky to add more rock to the existing aquascape (i would imagine) I think it's basically like putting pieces of a puzzle together. In your case, a little fragging here and there, and you can do whatever you'd like with your rock work.

TheReefGeek
06-30-2006, 08:06 PM
You can either remove the corals from the rocks they are on right now, or just life them up and put new rocks under them.

I would suggest taking all your rocks out, then remove the easy-to-remove corals, and aquascaping the whole tank at once to get the look you want.