PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI Faucet hook-up question

OCDP
06-28-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't think my new RO/DI unit is going to work out for me... as I realize now that the end that needs to be screwed on to my faucet is not there. We have one of those taps where they come out of the sink with the hose, and it doesn't look like the end will screw off or anything... Sooo, I dunno what to do?? Do I have any options, can this somehow be hooked up to my hose outside? I'm lost.. hopefully I can get it up and running ..

Scott

muck
06-28-2006, 04:20 PM
You don't have a bathroom sink?

OCDP
06-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Tried that too, it doesn't work? Am I just not doing something right here??? :neutral:

TheReefGeek
06-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Your RODI connection might be for the garden hose sized connection maybe?

Test it out on the connection that your washing machine hooks up to. If this fits, go to the hardware store and by a "Y" adapter with on/off valves.

Don't worry, you will be able to find the right adapter eventually. Some of the faucet ones are different too, so if it is a faucet one, bring everything down to the hardware store (RODI end, and unscrew your faucet end) and they will hook you up.

Joe Reefer
06-28-2006, 05:06 PM
You are better off tapping into the cold water line under the sink and running a dedicated line with a valve to the unit. IMO

TheReefGeek
06-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Its identical, just tap into whichever cold water line is closest and most convenient. Installing a Y adapter is simpler than plumbing in under your sink though...