PDA

View Full Version : Showpiece Coral

Jaws
06-28-2006, 04:11 AM
I've got a spot in my tank that sits front and center and is just screaming for a showpiece sps. The spot is about 6" by 6". I'm just wondering what some of your opinions are on which coral would be the best and most attractive for this spot? Obviously I don't want something insanely rare that is worth a fortune but rather something unique and very colorful? I look forward to hearing your suggestions.

TheReefGeek
06-28-2006, 04:30 AM
A nice spiral cap, whatever color is not present in your tank very much, maybe green or red/orange

Willow
06-28-2006, 04:40 AM
a nice table acro would be sweet!

muck
06-28-2006, 05:02 AM
http://www.reefwerkz.ca/ryan/croc.jpg

:razz:

Jaws
06-28-2006, 05:10 AM
http://www.reefwerkz.ca/ryan/croc.jpg

:razz:

Haha! I don't think I have that piece yet. Actually I was hoping for a few more specific pieces that you might have or have seen for sale somewhere.

EmilyB
06-28-2006, 06:15 AM
I agree with the cap. Perhaps the yellow, blue rimmed variety ?

reeferaddict
06-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Haha! I don't think I have that piece yet. Actually I was hoping for a few more specific pieces that you might have or have seen for sale somewhere.

Jason... you think if I saw something like that it wouldn't end up in the middle of MY tank?

HAHA

I have just the piece for you... give it 5 years and it'll be the perfect size! :mrgreen:

Jaws
06-28-2006, 06:51 AM
I've been trying to keep the caps to the outer edges of the tank because I like the way they overhang and make ledges. I'm thinking more of an acropora but not a table since I already have a few tables and I would prefer this coral grow upwards more than outwards. I guess I'm getting kinda picky and specific now. That's what a showpiece should be though.

Snappy
06-29-2006, 04:45 AM
I've been trying to keep the caps to the outer edges of the tank because I like the way they overhang and make ledges. I'm thinking more of an acropora but not a table since I already have a few tables and I would prefer this coral grow upwards more than outwards. I guess I'm getting kinda picky and specific now. That's what a showpiece should be though.
How about a picture of the display so we can make better informed suggestions.

Jaws
06-29-2006, 02:46 PM
Sure. I'm heading out of town tonight for the long weekend so I'll post something on Tuesday hopefully. Thanks.