PDA

View Full Version : FINALLY SOLD Aqua Logic 1/6 HP drop-in chiller $250

Chin_Lee
06-27-2006, 06:03 PM
I've had this chiller for the past two years and I'm never going to use it because I have bought a 1HP chiller.

This is a 1/6 hp, it has a coil that drops into the water, and the compressor and equipment is enclosed in a black plastic box. I bought this used from a guy who was using it to chill his sturgeon fish tank for a couple of years; I've not used it since I bought it.
The coil is about 5 feet long and the stainless steel part is about 1.5 feet long.
Selling for $250. Shipping at your cost.

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/693_9345.JPG

Chin_Lee
06-30-2006, 02:00 AM
bump.....

Chin_Lee
07-06-2006, 10:03 AM
well its kinda embarassing but I wrote down the wrong brand name of the chiller. Its actually Aqua Logic (not Aquanetic) but the 1/6hp part is right.
I've added some pictures and the tip started frosting (second pic) within 1 minute of turning the unit on.

Chin_Lee
07-11-2006, 07:17 AM
I had previously posted the wrong brand. Its Aqua Logic and I've added pictures to the above post.
sorry

zoomin
07-11-2006, 01:30 PM
you've got PM.

Chin_Lee
05-28-2007, 05:18 PM
For sale again. Get ready for the summer with an easy to use chiller. No plumbing required, just a small footprint of 12"x12".
Please note that a temp controller will be needed for this unit; if you plug it in and its on.
Depending on how much of a "pull down" temp you need, i believe this unit should work well for a 75g tank.

Chin_Lee
05-31-2007, 05:37 PM
buy this before you regret it hehehe $250 insurance for your $3000 investment of livestock.
You know you want it..........
you know you need it.........
before you regret it........
dont' let me say I told you so.........
maybe I should plumb in my chiller instead of egging people on ..........

guysmiley
05-31-2007, 10:43 PM
I've used one of these before and they work really well.

Garrick.

Reefer Rob
06-01-2007, 03:34 PM
Darn it Chin, if it was a 1/4 or 1/3 I'd be all over it. Just a little too small for my system. You should hook it up to your system and sell me the 1 hp :mrgreen:

Oh and by the way..... bump.

Knobsmith
06-01-2007, 05:03 PM
What is the temperature range? Aqua Logic seems to market two types (warm water and cold water). I would be interested if it is the cold water variety (50-55f).

Chin_Lee
07-05-2007, 04:37 PM
Boy was it ever hot yesterday ......
i would hate to kill all my corals and fish because I didn't invest in a chiller..........
oh yeah I forgot I do have a 1 HP chiller thank god .........
actually I should thank Medican from Alberta for the chiller..........
I wonder if somebody will ever buy this 1/6hp chiller that I have for sale.........
Maybe somebody who wants it or needs it can offer me something reasonable and I might just accept.........
I wonder who will be the first to post in the next couple months that their tank overheated and everything died .........
boy that would suck.........
unless you like fish broth with noodles .........
yummy .........
i should get back to work........

things that make me go hmmmmmmmmmm

SeaHorse_Fanatic
07-05-2007, 05:00 PM
Mmmmmm, fish broth with noodles. Yup.

Brown melted goopy corals & bleach white non-fuzzy sticks, not so much.