PDA

View Full Version : RDSB-in-a-bucket

Delphinus
06-27-2006, 05:15 AM
I took down the tank I ran this on, and have no real need for it on my remaining 2 tanks.

Kent bucket converted into the "Calfo" style remote-DSB. Basically an 8g bucket with 60lbs of sand (or at least was 60lbs at one time, 2x30lbs SWC sugar fine aragonite). Makes for about 12"-14" sand. I have a uniseal with 1" drain pipe.

$20 takes it away.

PS. I was feeding it via a MJ1200. I could consider selling that too if someone needed it to run the RDSB, say $10 extra?

PPS. I will be out of town for 2, possibly 3 weeks starting this upcoming Saturday (July 1). Thus pickup arrangements would need to be made ASAP.

dunl
06-27-2006, 05:49 AM
Excuse the ignorance, but what type of system would this be good for?

christyf5
06-27-2006, 05:56 AM
http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=595109&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Delphinus
06-27-2006, 05:57 AM
Sorry -- it's an idea Calfo suggested on reefcentral (just before he stopped posting there or whatever that fiasco was back in December/January) to reduce nitrates in a SW system without having an actual DSB in the tank (and all the problems associated with that -- ie. cleaning the sand -- in a remote unlit bucket, with enough flow-through, theoretically no detritus settles on the sand, thus keeping it clean blah blah blah). Like most other RC topics there's a 13-billion page thread over there if you have lots of time to read though lots of talking about it.

PS. Thanks for posting the link Christy :)