PDA

View Full Version : Local stores

MikeP
06-26-2006, 07:53 PM
Hi, me again, thanks to all for helping me get started. Being new to the hobby I've been checking out all the stores in town I can think of that sell marine supplies/fish. Have I missed any? Here are the stores I've been to
-Golds
-Wai's
-Riverfront
-Petcetera
-Oceans (did you know that they are moving?)
and Pisces. They sell supplies only but one of the managers told me they were going to get back into marine again soon.

Thanks

SJSobczyk
06-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Fair Warning: Stick away from Petcetera

Some horror stories floating around here!

You got them all. Remember if you are looking for supplies online is the cheapest way to go. Even for livestock someone is always putting together a group order.

Steve

sphelps
06-26-2006, 09:14 PM
Ocean's and Wai's are always the best when I'm there, I also heard a new big al's will be opening again in the south :biggrin:

MikeP
06-26-2006, 09:39 PM
Yeah another big al's would be great. I loved checking out their marine stuff even before I had my little tank going.

AndyL
06-26-2006, 11:37 PM
Um, from what I've heard big als is going Northeast, not south...

However there's rumors of wai's opening a second store in the south...

DiscusZ
06-27-2006, 01:57 AM
If there is a BA opening again I hope the selection is a big as the one in Edmonton for their Reef stuff.. it was amazing... we do need somethign in the south since BA went outa business I have not been a store since (well until Sunday I was at Golds, but didnt have anything I wanted)

Jim

G1GY
06-28-2006, 03:52 AM
Remember if you are looking for supplies online is the cheapest way to go.
Steve

:lol:

Online is where I get my pricing and then I get Gold to match or beat the online price. :)

Browse online and buy in town. :biggrin:

kwirky
07-01-2006, 08:09 PM
:lol:

Online is where I get my pricing and then I get Gold to match or beat the online price. :)

Browse online and buy in town. :biggrin:

and I really like the guys at Gold's. I've been getting cichlids for YEARS from them, and I find their systems real trustworthy, and they're EXTREMELY knowledgable.

I'm just getting together a little nano reef as my forray into reef aquariums, and I've found them much more helpful, and competetively priced than anyone else in calgary.

and their liverock is real nice.

danny zubot
07-04-2006, 06:36 PM
A BA's or a Wai's in the south would be cool, we need something way down here.:mrgreen:

Paverdude
07-07-2006, 04:34 AM
I was driving down 16th. today and saw a sign for "Ocean City"

is this a new shop?

Had a web address
oceancity.ca

Buccaneer
07-07-2006, 06:29 AM
and Pisces. They sell supplies only but one of the managers told me they were going to get back into marine again soon.

Thanks

They have been saying the same thing for the last 2 years :rolleyes:

They just dont want you to stop coming for dry goods cause they have no intention of offering livestock anytime in our lifetimes :lol:

AndyL
07-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Ocean city is the new location for ocean aquariums. Still not open when I drove by last night, located in the strip mall west of atb 16th ave and 2st n.w.

tomini
07-17-2006, 08:29 PM
I used to work at pisces 3 years ago, and they kept saying they were going to re-do the marine section. Never gonna happen! at least as long as the same management is there.

Im looking forward to visitng ocean city =)