PDA

View Full Version : Need Help!

krisalexander
06-24-2006, 09:15 AM
I have been experiencing a little ick problem and have been dealing with it accordingly, garlic when i feed them, instant cure and water changes, but i have high nitrate levels now? I have had two fish die tonight and i dont no what there is too do..I am gonna transfer them toanother tank and hopefully taht will help...any pointers is greatly appreciated....Things are dieing....

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-24-2006, 09:39 AM
PM sent.

Chin_Lee
06-24-2006, 05:59 PM
1) make sure all your fish are accounted for. you may have a dead fish rotting in your rock work causing the high hitrate
2) do a 15-20% water change every day until the nitrates go down
3) keep feeding your fish with good food (mysis) and garlic and just wait for your fish's immune system to kick the ick.

try not to transfer them too much. its more stress which decreases immune system and then they die from the ick.
If you have already transfered them, try fresh water dip with same temp and ph fresh water. I've put my achilles tang in a fresh dip with methyline blue for as long as 15-20 minutes. Not saying that is the cure all but he is alive and well and ick free for the past 8 months.
but if you can get some cleaner shrimps, they seem to help as well with the ick.
good luck

krisalexander
06-24-2006, 06:10 PM
thanks chin lee,
But i was too late, i did a water change, but i guess with the nitrate levels and the ick i lost all my fish but one clown, it sucks but i appreciate the reply

kris