PDA

View Full Version : My Goby is screwy

phreezee
06-22-2006, 04:30 PM
I thought watchmen gobies sit at the bottom in the rocks?!?! I just put him in main last night and he's swimming all over and he's ended up in the overflow 4 times now. LOL

Fish never behave as advertised hahaha

OCDP
06-22-2006, 04:37 PM
haha..

My watchman goby is in the sand allllllll day long. You don't have sand do you? Could be a factor as to why he's swimmin' all over? I'm sure he'll smarten up sooner or later. But I think sand would help him feel more at home.

TheReefGeek
06-22-2006, 05:05 PM
My watchmen gobies have always stayed on the sandbed, accept to feed ocassionaly.

phreezee
06-22-2006, 05:07 PM
This is good point actually, yup no sand :) In quaratine he never swam around that much though lol

OCDP
06-22-2006, 05:20 PM
Maybe he just adapted to the QT tank conditions, and now that he's in your display he needs to re-adjust. I still think some sand would do him some good. After a bit of research and what not, I decided when I upgrade , if I go BB I have to get rid of him so he can live happily in the proper environment. But, if I choose to keep him, then I'll need to put some sand in my new tank. They love sifting through the sand with their mouth (at least mine does) Really cool fish... and they're super tough.