PDA

View Full Version : Getting rid of fish - return to store?

LostMind
06-18-2006, 06:13 AM
My friend is buying a tank that is up and running... it's a 46 bow with a 6" tang, 5 chromis, 2 clown fish, 2 blennies and some other small fish.

He's asked for my help moving it to his place and setting it up.

Beyond swapping out the gravel in it for a new sand bottom and adding an extra powerhead for more circulation, I have told him the biggest cause for concern is all those fish. Problem is, how can you get rid of them quickly? They are actually in pretty good health amazingly. I was thinking a shop like JL's or king ed's but not sure if they'll actually take fish in? Anyone have any experience here?

The tank has a tiny algae problem and I bet it's caused by overfeeding/overpooping/too much fishes period.

SeaHorse_Fanatic
06-18-2006, 06:18 AM
Tell him to post them on canreef. I'm sure there are some members willing to buy some healthy fish.

krisalexander
06-18-2006, 06:33 AM
I PM'ed You

LostMind
06-18-2006, 06:54 AM
well, the problem is that the fish will need to go right away...

might be tough, in the middle of moving and setting up a new tank, to get rid of them...

I'll answer pm's

krisalexander
06-18-2006, 07:12 AM
Hey there;
Read ur PM I will take the hippo tang and some chromis
this is great i was just looking to get some new fishes just got a new tank setup
kris

Midknight
06-18-2006, 01:05 PM
Yes, post them here and they should be gone fairly quickly. And willget a bit more $$$ then taking them to the store for credits. :biggrin:
So drop a list and what he wants for them and see how long they last.

LostMind
06-19-2006, 11:41 PM
Sorry guys, my buddy got the tank and decided to just take them back to JL. He didn't want to house them in the small bowfront any longer.

krisalexander
06-20-2006, 02:15 AM
too bad,
I would have really liked to get that blue hippo.. thanks anyway

kris