PDA

View Full Version : Banggai holding again!!

spikehs
07-19-2002, 05:57 PM
hey all,

just dropping yah a line to let you all know that my banggai's are holding again!!!! i really didn't expect it so soon as i have just moved my tank downstairs so it was quite a bit of disruption - and now they are in a community tank. I guess we'll have to see how it goes for the next 4 weeks.

Sean

AJ_77
10-08-2002, 03:30 AM
Follow-up question, Sean:

Any babies on the horizon? I moved my clown pair out of my 15 nano and need a swimming occupant or two. I think the banggais are very cool, and would do well for me.

Cheers,

Alan

spikehs
10-08-2002, 05:04 PM
nope :( he spat em out, then i grabbed the eggs to see if they would develope by themselves, they did for about 4-5days - but after that nothing....Hopefully he'll be pregnant again soon.

canadawest
10-08-2002, 07:21 PM
Hey Alan, you have access to my current brood of tank raised Bangaiis through Tim at Seacare. They are ready for new homes in less than three weeks. :D

Please contact Tim directly through www.seacare.org

EmilyB
10-09-2002, 01:57 AM
Alan, I have one you can have. One of the four Mitch tankbred ones that Mitch gave me.

The dominant pair, now maturing, chased it to the top of the tank, and I was able to net it out.

It was alone in the 45g for a couple weeks and pretty timid, but eating fine. I put in the clown pair, and it has been much more out in the open.

I don't know how they fair singularily, but being captive bred may make a difference. It sure seems spunky.

But if you wanted him, I guess if it were me, I'd put in some other small fish to keep him company.....JMO.

AJ_77
10-09-2002, 03:07 AM
well, how cool is THAT?!? Thanks v-much Deb for the kind offer that I will surely take you up on!

Those are sure neat fish. My wife thinks they are not very colourful (she doesn't like mimes either though). :)

Let's get together, you guys around this week/end?

Alan

MitchM
10-09-2002, 04:47 AM
I actually found another baby in my sump when I moved. I can't remember if I've promised him/her out or not. Someone is welcome to take him/her, too. No rush. About a half inch in size.

Mitch :twisted:

EmilyB
10-09-2002, 04:51 AM
I never really got the resemblance to a mime till now.... 8)

And it is much cooler in singularity, than surrounded by a bunch of hungry tangs... :lol:

Yeah, home all weekend, (young sexy daughter looking for good rich, single, genius with huge reef tank will be visiting)...guess that leaves all of you out....heheheheh :roll:

AJ_77
10-09-2002, 05:02 AM
Mitch:

I would be thrilled to get it, if possible. Would it make a pairing with the one Emily's offering? Any Issues you can point to (size, etc?)

Alan

EmilyB
10-09-2002, 05:22 AM
Alan...bring out duelling banjos....those guys are brother and sister.... :lol:

AJ_77
10-09-2002, 05:26 AM
That is just sick...

I'LL TAKE THEM! DIBS!

Cheers, y'all

:shock:

MitchM
10-09-2002, 11:55 AM
No issues, Alan. Just don't plan on setting up some huge breeding facility.... :wink: . It's too early to sex, anyways. My little guy is in with the rest of the community now. I am just getting over a bit of an ammonia spike from my move, so there's no rush on this.
Another week or 2 o.k.?

Mitch

MitchM
10-09-2002, 11:58 AM
Yeah, home all weekend, (young sexy daughter looking for good rich, single, genius with huge reef tank will be visiting)...guess that leaves all of you out....heheheheh :roll:

Aw Em....that's too bad....

They'd have you as a mother-in-law, too!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

lol

Mitch :P

Bob I
10-09-2002, 03:47 PM
Too bad for the sexy, young single daughter. I qualify on only two counts. That is single and genius. Not rich, and no giant reef tank. :D :D :D
I also am getting sick of Alan dibsing (new word) everything. I too would like some Bangaii's

AJ_77
10-09-2002, 04:40 PM
I am just getting over a bit of an ammonia spike from my move, so there's no rush on this.
Another week or 2 o.k.?

Mitch

Great Mitch, thanks again. That should be good timimg here as well.

Alan