PDA

View Full Version : Lots of equipment

cag
06-17-2006, 02:22 AM
My Landlord just jacked our rent by 35%. I am likely moving in the very near future. Need to clear some things out as quickly as possible. Lots of stuff for sale!

Four Tanks for sale !

60 gallon hex with custom hood and stand in black. Running as salt right now with aged fluval 404 filter, live rock, 250 watt 1200k metal halide lighting, (with spare new bulb) as well as actinics, brand new Supper Skimmer good for 125 gallons. Multiple powerheads, timers, heater, powerbars, etc. Its all there. Worth well over $2000. First $750 takes it. SOLD (PENDING)

65 gallon fresh water African Tank. Nice black hood and stand closing in all equipment. includes brand new fluval 404, heaters, air pumps, lights, timer, and over $500 of carved rocks, decorations, gravel, and live plants. System before fish cost over $1800 to put together. Selling with nice assortment of adult africans, (see live posting) or without, if homes found for fish first. entire system with fish for $750.00

66 gallon African tank, very similare to one above, but with even more carved rock, and even a plug in automatic feeder. Beautiful tank. Spent around $2000 plus fish. First $750 takes it.

80 gallon tall display tank, in solid oak custom stand and hood. All accessories. fluval 404, air pumps, lighting, heaters etc. Contains a 2 foot tall, 1.5 foot across java fern as well as water lilies and beautiful south american communtiy fish. Tetras, rainbow, discus. Stunning tank. Stand alone cost over $1000, Total system cost close to $2500. Will go to first person with $800. :( Gonna really miss this one. SOLD (PENDING)

All of these tanks are running now and are full of thriving healthy fish. Once a few of them are gone, I will likely pull whichever one is last to be here, and keep it. Reasonable offers will be considered. Delivery within Calgary can also be arranged.

Because of the fact I am needing to move these I can not hold them for people. Please understand I must let them go on a first come first serve basis.

reeferaddict
06-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Hmm... before you go panicking... 35% sounds illegal to me... from my landlord days it was capped at 10% annually - and I doubt it's changed that drastically. DO let me know if I'm wrong though... :biggrin:

G1GY
06-17-2006, 10:46 PM
Hmm... before you go panicking... 35% sounds illegal to me... from my landlord days it was capped at 10% annually - and I doubt it's changed that drastically. DO let me know if I'm wrong though... :biggrin:

The law does not limit the amount by which the rent can be increased, but the law does say when and how often an increase can take place.

cag
06-18-2006, 12:31 AM
Acording to the Landlord Tenant people, the amount of the increase is completely open (no cap whatsoever) They are usually required to give you three months notice of an increase, and can not increase closer than 6 months apart. However a loophole allows them to increase as much as they want without ANY NOTICE on the first day of an annual lease. Apparently each new annual lease is considered a new contract that has no relationship to the previous lease, and is therefore not bound by the rules that apply "during" the term of the lease.

Bottom line, the landlord can screw you over with out notice once a year if you are on a one yearly lease.

Bartman
06-18-2006, 04:43 AM
This is all off topic a little but.....I'm pretty sure BC has a 2 or 3 percent rent increase cap now. Don't know about Alta.

midgetwaiter
06-18-2006, 06:42 AM
Unless you've found a place already you might want to think twice about moving. I was planning on leaving Calgary this fall but that changed so I considered finding a bit bigger place here and rents everywhere are totaly out of hand. I stinks that your landlord did that but you might not find a much better deal.

cag
06-19-2006, 06:27 AM
So, does anyone know anyone who might need a tank ??

cag
06-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Any offers out there?

cag
06-26-2006, 06:40 AM
Still two tanks left? Beautiful Africans, Breeding groups of Electric Yellows, Demasani, and Coral Red Saloci. Updated the top of post.