PDA

View Full Version : Alan are you still around?

Bob I
07-11-2002, 02:24 PM
Have not heard much from Alan since his return from vacation. Mine is coming up next week. Are we still on for tanksitting? and how about that CBS (Coral Bandit Shrimp)? spelling is on purpose. :eek:

AJ_77
07-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Hey there Bob, sorry for lurking. ;)

We should get together soon and you can bring me up to speed on what you need while you're gone away. Too bad about the Chinese MH bulb. :rolleyes: Hope you are getting customer satisfaction on that deal.

As for the CBS, didn't the New Guy want it for his New Tank? After all, he did ask first, unless of course you're offering it as a token of appreciation... :D ;) :D ;)

Either way, I'll look after your stuff as promised. When do you want to meet?

Alan

Bob I
07-11-2002, 02:53 PM
We can meet any evening next week before Thursday, because today I am off to Tony's after work. As to the bulb, I have been given 100% credit on another bulb if I want it. BTW I am leaving for work in five, so I will not read reply until tomorrow. CBS goes to first taker.

Seriak
07-11-2002, 02:58 PM
The new guy will happily give up his offer to take it as my tank isn't quite ready for its like yet! But thank you for the offer.

AJ_77
07-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Bob - we'll talk to you Sunday/Monday then, and set it up.

Seriak - very gracious of you, thanks. I'm willing to give the Bandit a chance. That is, IF my tank is cleared up by then. I would think again before dropping him into the green soup.

Cheers!

[ 11 July 2002, 11:15: Message edited by: AJ_77 ]

Bob I
07-12-2002, 11:39 AM
Alan, I have been giving more thought to your soup problem. I imagine you posted on RC, and received the usual answers ie. phosphates, and nitrates. I will discount phosphates, but am thinking nitrates are possible because of the young age of your sandbed. Have you tested for same? I have some Chemipure sitting around, we could perhaps put it into the Fluval to scavenge some of the problem chemicals.

[ 12 July 2002, 09:15: Message edited by: Bob Ipema ]