PDA

View Full Version : Where could I find a replacement Maxijet impeller?

Delphinus
06-13-2006, 04:23 PM
Need a replacement impeller - I used to go to Big Al's for this sort of thing.

I imagine Pisces might have them. Anywhere else, do you think? I already tried calling Gold's but Dennis told me they were out of stock.

danny zubot
06-13-2006, 10:49 PM
Have you tried petland, petsmart, petcetera and places like that? There's even Tanks a lot on Heritage & Elbow that may carry impellars.

jasonl
06-14-2006, 12:10 AM
try www.mops.ca this place is amazing and they have the best customer service

guysmiley
06-14-2006, 12:38 AM
Ryan from reewerx (Muck on this forum) can order them in at a good price. He got a few in for me a while back. He's in Edmonton but I thought I would suggest it.

Garrick.

i have crabs
06-14-2006, 03:01 AM
ive seen them at pisces before but never had to buy one.

Delphinus
06-14-2006, 05:07 AM
Thanks - I should have mentioned that I was kinda meaning in the south end of the city because although I know Pisces will have it, that's almost two hours of driving when all is said and done. I kinda gave up on the idea, I just asked Ryan (way ahead of you there Garrick :lol: but thanks for the suggestion anyhow :) ) to send me one anyhow since I have some other stuff coming from Reefwerkz..

Pescador
06-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Just curious if the plastic seperated from the metal on the impeller letting it spin. Mine seemed to do that quite a bit. Sometimes crazy glue actually held for quite awhile.

Delphinus
06-16-2006, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I just krazy glue them too, if that happens. This one, I have no idea how it happened, but the magnet broke clear down the middle into two pieces. Two of the fins also snapped off in the melee. I daresay it's probably not worth salvaging at this point ... :lol:

Anyhow it's easy enough to order MO so I'm basically set anyhow. I did wind up wandering up to Pisces and they wanted $30 for the impeller so seeing as you can get the whole powerhead for about that I decided to just forget about finding an impeller locally. The good folks at Reefwerkz are sending me down one anyhow so it's a non-issue now.