PDA

View Full Version : About that Emerald Crab Tony

Bob I
07-10-2002, 02:24 PM
I am wondering about that crab Tony. Is it also called a Mythrax Crab, or is that different. My Sally Lightfoot absolutely destroys Valonia. When I get some growing in the refugium, I just move it into the main tank, and the SLF is on it quickly, and eats it. It also destroys Halimeda, so you might want to watch your Emerald.

Delphinus
07-10-2002, 06:37 PM
Fantastic avatar, BTW, I love it! :D

Thanks for the tip re. the crab and the halimeda. Actually I don't seem to have any halimeda in my 75g (not yet anyways). There is no shortage of valonia though, thanks to a valonia covered rock I put in there early on.

I have not seen hair nor hyde of the emerald crab since putting her in the tank. Not sure if she's a burrower, or just hiding in rocks, or ... The one thing about how I aquascaped my tank, I went a little nuts making sure there would be hidey-holes. I guess I went overboard, because I almost never see the two fish in this tank, they're in their stealthy spots all the time, and now same for this new crab. Oh well. Hopefully they'll come out soon!

Speaking of halimeda, when can we get together so I can get you a new clump of halimeda. I have a few fistfuls that "got to go" (they are encroaching on my ritteri, the ritteri does not seem to care for it at all).

[ 10 July 2002, 14:41: Message edited by: delphinus ]

Bob I
07-10-2002, 10:36 PM
I can come over any weeknight until next week Thursday. That is when I am starting my month of vacation. So tell me when.

Seriak
07-11-2002, 11:45 AM
I have two emerald crabs and they both like to hide in the rockwrok during the day. At night when I go down to look at the tank the emerald's are always out and about eating my algae.

Delphinus
07-11-2002, 12:50 PM
I did see her this morning, and lo and behold she was working on a particularly large patch of valonia. She's got a lot of work ahead of her though, I hope she's a better worker than I am.. ;)

Hey Bob, how about tonight, any chance of a get-together this evening? (Thursday)

Bob I
07-11-2002, 01:21 PM
Tony I will be there after work, so it should be around 1930hrs. Don't let me forget to talk about MH bulbs.
Bob

Delphinus
07-11-2002, 01:59 PM
Sounds good, see you then! You have my # if you need to call me, and address, and etc., still?

Bob I
07-11-2002, 02:07 PM
Weell I remember one right turn off Mcleod then a left, then a left, then a little way to the corner. :confused:

[ 11 July 2002, 10:08: Message edited by: Bob Ipema ]

Delphinus
07-11-2002, 02:15 PM
Sounds about right... :D