PDA

View Full Version : Just wondering who all has a nano...

prosnow
06-09-2006, 02:51 AM
Just wondering how many of you out there are running a nano, and if so what kind of maintenace you do monthly

Personally on my 18 gal I do...
Weekly 5 gallon waterchanges and filter cleaning,
top up and clean the glass daily...
and thats about it....

Flusher
06-09-2006, 03:09 AM
I've got two nanos that I built myself.

The first is a 13 gallon display with a 4 gallon sump. The sump has a 'fuge and a skimmer. It's a reef with two occellaris clowns, two shrimp, snails and crabs.

The second is a 6 gallon display with a 2 gallon sump. There's no 'fuge, and the skimmer should be here any day. It's likely going to become a reef tank once I can frag the corals in my larger nano. It has a mantis shrimp, plus a couple petrified crabs and snails that haven't yet been eaten since I added the mantis. :twised:

I change about 2.5 gallons of the big nano weekly, and use the old water when I water change the smaller nano. That's about a 15% and 30% weekly water change respectively, judging by total possible water volume (ie. not accounting for the volume taken up by substrate and live rock, etc). So far, so good.

I top up the water once or twice a week, and I wipe the glass as needed.
________
ZX14 VS HAYABUSA (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_bike_is_quicker_kawasaki_zx_-14_or_suzuki_hayabusa)

Ruth
06-09-2006, 04:12 AM
I have 4 nano's running right now although the 12g just crashed this week because of grape calurpa going sexual and I lost everything in the tank. I have a 10g, 24g and a 20g at work. I do 50% weekly water changes as none except the one at work have a skimmer. I always test my change water and add any additives to that to bring it to the levels that I want so never add anything directly to the tanks themselves.

Kryten
06-09-2006, 10:52 PM
I have a 24 gal with an AquaFuge size small, which holds about 2.5 gallons or so. I do about a 2 gal water change every week or so. Going to try running a fission nano-skimmer in the fuge.

2 false percs
1 firefish
1 sexy shrimp
1 emerald crab
1 pencil urchin
4 blue-leg hermits
4 some kind of turbos
5 nassarius
4-5 cerith

Various softies and lps corals

fuge full of chaeto

niloc16
06-10-2006, 04:34 AM
i have a 10 gallon, no skimmer, penguin 170 power filter, coralife 96w pc lighting. 2 percs, torch coral and green button polyps, 10 pounds of really good jakarta live rock from hidden reef. 4 trochus snails keep the tank in pristine condition, 2 maxijet 600 for flow at opposite ends of the tank pointed towards each other. #2 grade crushed coral about 1" deep. the tank is doing excellent slowly i want to add more corals

deacon hemp
06-10-2006, 08:24 AM
Im going to be restarting my 18 gallon cube pretty soon here,its planned to be a shoalgrass biotope.It will have a really DSB with minimal live rock,and will house leathers,gorgs,maybe xenia,and a small yellowhead jawfish.

Right now its a holding tank.It will have a 175MH 10K,and im still undecided if im drilling it yet.Should be well.....different!